View Single Post
Old 29-06-2003, 15:48   #17
DrAlimentado

We've played abother 20 turns.

I have burned a path through the iroquois and taken Salamanca which has some very useful wonders; Universal Suffrage, Pyramids, Smiths, and a useless one: Great wall. Razed the other iroquois cities and planted some of my own. The iroquois still exist but only on the other side of the pangea where they have a crappy 6 city state.

The Mongol-Spanish border is a stalemate...

We each have stacks of Infantry blocking any advance and have both razed the approach routes so that there is a 2 tile no-mans land seperating us. The only exception is in the north where I have a city touching a mountain defended by 8 mongol infantry. Until tanks it seems unlikely there will be a breakthrough, although you never know, it is possible with cav and arty but it would be painful on the aggressor.

We have no agreements bar the settler creep one and we keep switching the ai's around against eachother every few turns, annoying for us both to an extent but I suffer more as I have a long border with the chinese. They can't really hurt me much anymore but it is a pain having to man a couple of chokepoints, I can channel them where I want and ping-pong their stacks until I turn them each time but it's a nuisance that I am unable to return to anarres - china is the only AI with any real military value and they have no way of attacking anarres (silly mountain border).

I am drawing level with the chinese in tech, although because my building infrastructure is crappy (don't have unis/banks in all core cities yet) my research rate is pretty slow still... I have a nasty feeling anarres has gained a few techs on me again. (I spent a few turns mobolised and with no research, built a shitload of infantry and arty and stole rep-parts from the chinese.)

Maybe I should do a blitz of the ai on my side whilst anarres will still have trouble attacking me, whatever I do it seems all too likely with his lead in tech and my own tardiness he will get tanks before me and have better cities quicker. Hmmm... I need a plan!!

*puts thinking hat on*

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote