View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 15:58   #22
romeothemonk
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

How do I handle death?
In any case, you don't need to think about it. Just prepare to die. We'll all get the same treatment, it's not because you believe in Heaven that there is a Heaven. If you're a good man and if there is a Heaven, you'll end up there. If you're a good man and if there is no life after death, you'll die and rot, and jump into total void, just like before your birth. So, no need of believing, just act good.
Is there an afterlife?
SURPRISE ! You won't ever know before dying anyway. And you won't know it if there is nothing.

But don't throw your agenda on the Youth, they didn't ask for it.
Thanks for the good answer Krys! You are actually mostly right down the middle in Socratic thinking, with one exception. Socrates appeared to be monotheistic, as in he knew the Greek Pantheon was crap. This is from my copies of Plato writing for Socrates, but it was published by Harvard University Press in the early first half of the 1900's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics
From this, springs the Apostle Paul's comment on the Alter to the unknown God!

Anyway, the fundamental precept of all the religions that I have been exposed to which include the following list: Catholicism, Protestantism, Mormanism, Lakota Sioux, Islam, Judiasm, and Hinduism, all refute the lynchpin of your arguement on death. All men are not treated equal when they die. They also have the same tenat that being "good enough" isn't enough, that faith is required, and that good works will come from the faith.

Sola Fide