View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:08   #10
Socrates
Emperor

A theory can never been displayed as THE TRUTH, for it's just a theory. Consequence : a theory can't be proven. Exception : mathematics, which still requires some initial theories (stuff you learn in superior classes, oooh hurting memories ).

Nevertheless, what I'll claim is that Darwin is a respectable man in his works, that the Theory of Evolution is a pretty fucking good idea, that it stands the test of time, that it still requires some polishing and more evidence... while creationism and whatnot is for scared dummies. Basically it stands in one sentence :

WE DON'T NEED CREATIONISM.

It's just a nice story invented by the human mind to feel comfortable, and to match other stories also written by the human mind (namely : Torah, Bible and Quran). Trust me, we really don't need this to be happy. One quick way to know that creationism is rubbish is when you consider it was invented out of the blue by some people. Darwin didn't really invent his theory to match his beliefs, but rather based it on personal observations. So there is a total schism between both stuff as for their natures.

Creationists all have a church, and thus wouldn't be unhappy if their beliefs could spread. Darwin didn't have a church, as far as I know. In the end, there is absolutely no reason to believe in creationism, while the Theory of Evolution seems like a nice explanation of what could have happened. And it doesn't brag about how (White) Man is the ultimate creature of the Universe.