So, to sum this up until now:
- Friday Night Pitboss seems to be a good idea to many
- Ladder might be fun...
- ...but more important are spoilers!
- A front page is not important to most people
- IRC are also not high in demand
- Tournaments sound good to some, not tempting at all to others
- Many agree that attracting new players would spice things up
- There are three options as a forum software: vBulleting (apparently we have a license thanks to PP and Swingue), phpBB (has the largest community with the most MODs), Simple Machines or just upgrading to a newer version of Snitz.
- and, most importantly of course, we would need people who volunteer to implement any changes!

[u]Out of these things, there are only a few that actually need work:</u>

As we already have at least one person who offers a computer as a Pitboss server, all we need is a forum post where people can sign up. Maybe the settings can change from week to week but a simple thread should be enough to get this started (maybe an own subforum would be nice so everybody can follow the progress over time and conveniently look at old games)

For more people (and more spoilers) all we actually need (and I guess can) to do is occasionally post at CFC/Apolyton, inviting people to come here if they want to play a MP game and read some spoilers.

While the redesign of the page would be nice, it is not a pressing matter. And as it seems that the forum is still in good hands for now, so is upgrading the forum I guess. Don't get me wrong, I think it still would be nice, but this would also mean that somebody had to do it. From what I found out via Google, vB seems to be the superior choice when it comes to features, security and SEO capabilities. However, I don't have any experience with it (and not really the time to get into it right now), all I know is this MOD of phpBB that I mentioned above. It has tons of features that phpBB lacks (pretty secure against bots, sub-forums) and of course an easy-to-implement attachment MOD and a way to make it search engine friendly.
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote