Thread: Future of CDZ?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59   #3
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Markstar

When I joined, CDZ was the place to play against elite players. It was not as big as other sites, but it had class and you could play against the best players here. A lot has changed since then and there are many large sites out there that concentrate on Civilization MP. CDZ will never be that big, but does it have to? I like it that we are a small community and imo it should definitely stay that way. But also, some fresh wind would do us good as well. Some new faces that are not only interested in playing but also want a community. Older players participating more when it comes to shaping this site. Some new features that spice things up a little.
You have a good thought there, the only problem is that to bring about any change (at all), you need someone to implement it. The two people able are out of time, and I'm only good at deleting other people's posts.
I want this site to focus on a running pitboss server with weekly games (Friday Night Pitboss), possibly with replays. That should attract players. In addition to that, the front page should feature active threads (aside from the spam). That's possible now, but it has to be done manually and that takes too much time. Good topics should be flagged manually and automatically be featured. The front page doesn't need anything else.

As it is, Propain and Swingue are paying for all this. Nobody knows what to do if they forget to pay the bill. We're pretty much screwed in the current situation, IMO stagnation won't bring us anywhere.