View Single Post
Old 25-11-2003, 09:21   #1
Stapel
Emperor

Default A conflict with my Managing Director

Exciting times!

While at home, for I cannot walk or drive a car (new cruciate ligament), I still work now and then.

As a sales rep, I can do quite a lot with my laptop and my cell phone.
Last friday, I had an important meeting with a prospect, so I asked my Collegue Ed, to go.
One of our directors (we have two, a commercial and a techinical one) decided he should go with Ed. I strongly advised him not to do so, but he simply ignored my advice.

After their return, our comm director did send an e-mail, in which he tells that this prospect was told a pricing method by ME. And that I have chosen not to tell him about this.
Before the meeting I have told our comm. dir. VERY CLEARLY, that I did not discuss any pricing at all yet (I was speaking the truth btw).

Though the misunderstanding is quite easy to explain. (this prospect had a (wrong) idea in his head of 2001 pricing), the fact remains that I am accused of hiding info.

Of course, this incident is not the first. I did reply an e-mail, where I say that we are now in an 'unworkable situation'.
I made a phonecall to our other director (I screwed his sister for 8 monts btw), and told him that a good conversation about this does not guarentee a workable solution.

It will probably lead to my resign.....

To be continued!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote