Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Pound away once more - One more player needed! (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2235)

Matrix 21-01-2005 21:28

Pound away once more - One more player needed!

I wanted to wait for this until DDPP is over (for me), but with Civ4 coming closer and closer I don't think I can wait much longer.

I was thinking about another multimultiplayer PBEM. Minimum of six player and no AI.
I prefer a non-balanced map. [evil] But I fear I won't find enough players then (if at all), so I'm not too strict on that.
The rest is open to debate.

Now concerning the progress of such a game: most don't really go that fast. But Fab Four shows that it is possible! So please, only respond if you're able and willing to play this PBEM usually at any time in the evening and preferably also during the day.

Who'd be interested?

grs 21-01-2005 21:51

I am in, though six sounds high.

StrictlyRockers 22-01-2005 05:45

Hey Matrix. This sounds like just what I am looking for. I am available for the length of the game and able to pass the turn on quickly.

Black_Waltz 22-01-2005 12:17

Oh. Yes please. I'm avalible any time of the day and I'm a sad tosser so I don't have much of a social life to get in the way of Civ gaming. :-p I definitly don't mind an unbalanced map either. Makes things more exciting. What difficulty are you thinking of?

Matrix 22-01-2005 13:58

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Black_Waltz

What difficulty are you thinking of?
I think Monarch is best. With Emperor or higher luxuries are very important in the beginning, but almost just as important later in the game.

grs 22-01-2005 16:09

I would even consider a random map, but I would prefer emperor, because it gives more civs a chance, since exp. and rel. get slightly better on that level.

Black_Waltz 22-01-2005 16:27

I would prefer Monarch. As I'm someone who has only just mastered Regent. But I will go with majority opinion. :-p

Kingreno 22-01-2005 16:32

I'll join the party IF:

"a non-balanced map" is replaced by a "slightly balanced map", where the main point is that no player has 3 cows and 6 luxes and no player has a tiny jungle-island without any fresh water. If you really want no balance at all, I'm out, if my proposal is acceptable, I am in. No hard feelings either way. :)

Matrix 22-01-2005 17:07

I was already thinking about the same thing, KingReno. ;) So you're in.

StrictlyRockers 22-01-2005 18:42

I would prefer Emperor, but Monarch is a close second to me. Monarch is fine too. I think it would be great fun to do this with a random map. Just have a moderator or trusted veteran player check the map at start to make sure that it is not grossly unbalanced. i.e. No one starts with two cows or two wheats and no one has a horrid jungle start. I vote for a Pangea map, and then also have the moderator check to see that no one starts on an island.

On the other hand, the map that akots and I are had made is quite interesting. These custom made maps are really a treat. Anyway, this sounds like it should be a good game.