Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Other Games (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Pirates! is out! (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2083)

Markstar 27-11-2004 17:14

Pirates! is out!

...and full of bugs. Luckily I did not buy it but it seems that already shortly after the release the forums are full with complaints about the game. [medic]

Luckily I learned my lesson from Civ3 and do not trust Firaxis at all. Seems to be the right decision. [mischief]

Melifluous 27-11-2004 18:58

Ah as I thought.

So........

....I'm downloading it as we speak [nya]

Melifluous

Shabbaman 28-11-2004 11:10

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

....I'm downloading it as we speak [nya]
[shabba]

This game is great! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Pastorius 28-11-2004 11:26

That is pretty evil. I m not buying it either.

(I am not saying I am going to go all "Captain Meli Redbeard" either ;) )

anarres 28-11-2004 11:38

Did anyone take part in "talk like a pirate day" the other week?

Markstar 28-11-2004 12:22

I've tried it out and after 2 hours I was so bored (and annoyed) that I uninstalled it. [estwing]
You sail around and fight, then sail some more and fight some more. Then there is the sailing and fighting together with some fighting and sailing. One can also trade a little, but it's not really thought out imho and really doesn't make sense (since the profit is minimal and takes 10x longer than the fighting and sailing routine [confused]).
Land fights are HORRIBLE and take forever. [aargh]

But that's just me, I might have been biased from the start. [rant]

Pastorius 28-11-2004 12:44

Sounds a bit like I expected, and was more or less what I thought when I played the pirates for windows version a while back

Shabbaman 28-11-2004 16:53

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Markstar

I've tried it out and after 2 hours I was so bored (and annoyed) that I uninstalled it.
I've been playing this non-stop since 10 in the morning. I almost defeated all pirates (apparently the easiest way to gain wealth), but so far I was unable to gain the hand of a governor's daughter. Must be a bug [:p]

I might even consider to actually buy this game, even though I had decided never to buy a firaxis game again.

Grille 29-11-2004 00:32

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Markstar
You sail around and fight, then sail some more and fight some more. Then there is the sailing and fighting together with some fighting and sailing.
sounds like the original Pirates!:)
Is it like that? ([cool])

IIRC the big bucks came in when you digged up a treasury after liberating a family member or by treasure fleet/silver train capturing.

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
I've been playing this non-stop since 10 in the morning. I almost defeated all pirates (apparently the easiest way to gain wealth), but so far I was unable to gain the hand of a governor's daughter. Must be a bug [:p]
What would you do with the governor's daughter's hand. Use your own... wit and charm ;) and gather info in many towns, not only where your wife sits.

akots 29-11-2004 03:11

@Markstar: iirc Pirates original (have not played Pirates 2), then you have missed most of the fun. Hunting treasures and promoting to higher ranks is the fun indeed as well as marriage. But just sailing and fighting might be a bit boring indeed on the lower difficulty levels apparenty.