Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Civ III (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HELP - 1.15BETA installation oddities! (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1569)

Lt. Killer M 22-03-2004 08:23

HELP - 1.15BETA installation oddities!

A weird thing - can anyone help?

I have 1.15 BETA English (mailed to me by anarres) running with one minor glitch only one my normal PC: sometimes I cannot save PBEM games. That is I get a new game from the mapmaker or player 1, load it, play it, end turn - and the game defaults to the main screen.

Now I set up a new PC. here, things get very strange: I sintalled Civ3 (US version), C3C (US version), 1.15BETA English, dowloaded from CFC.

The main screen has screwed up entries instead of the last three (exit and credits and multiplayer).

I tried again - no help. I tried the 'full' poatch - this isntalled GERMAN text files for some parts, especially unit names and civ adjectives in diplo talk (i.e. the irokesische are polite towards us [lol] or the babylonische military has the Lanzenkämpfer....)

I tried to apply deodorant to both PCs, but it is only for the english version. The normal PC runs fine.

I reinstalled the English patch 1.15BETA on the other PC (with the garbled texts on the main screen) and tried the deodorant there - now conquest will not start at all.

Is the 1.15Beta from CFC different from the CDZ version anarres mailed me?

Skyfish 22-03-2004 08:36

You need to upgrade to version 1.29 of VANILLA Civ3 before you can install C3C [rolleyes]

Lt. Killer M 22-03-2004 08:52

doh!

Shabbaman 22-03-2004 08:58

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

You need to upgrade to version 1.29 of VANILLA Civ3 before you can install C3C [rolleyes]
Hm, well, I didn't, and it works fine for me.

Lt. Killer M 22-03-2004 09:06

weirder and weirder.....

anarres 22-03-2004 10:31

Well you are meant to Shabba! It is a known 'bug' in C3C...

Socrates 22-03-2004 10:54

I really don't want to understand Firaxis's mess anymore, I have dealt with it over the entire last year, and I just have enough. [wallbash] Now I just have everything in French, duely bought at my local store, and that's it. I don't think you have to patch Vanilla to 1.29, it is done when you install C3C (as well as PTW to 1.27). As for the texts in both English and French (from my game with Killer : "Sir, nos Prophets ont fait une découverte. Ils l'appellent Philosophy."), this is what I get when I play GOTMs (when support for French versions is done), RBCiv Epics, and my PBEM with Killer. I can just forget about all the mods and the scenarios made by fans (because the game is then... modded !). Curiously, my PBEM with Skyfish is (errr... was) in plain French ?? Really strange.

Killer, I suggest you re-installed Civ3 and C3C (without patching Civ3) in US-English, and then downloaded the 1.15 beta patch in US-English as well from CFC. If it doesn't work, then I really can't help.

Skyfish 22-03-2004 11:16

Killer : have you upgraded thru all beta patches ???
Version 1.15 can only work if you already have 1.12 and 1.13 ???

Check what Tavis says on the 1.15 beta patch :

V1.15 Beta
http://www.civfanatics.net/~tavis/files/C3CBETAv115.zip

Sorry for the delay. There would have been more but I had to revert to an older version. Ignore the install program it shows the wrong versions!

REQUIRES V1.12 - RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE V1.13 TOO

PUBLIC RELEASE

anarres 22-03-2004 11:50

You SHOULD also patch Vanilla to 1.29 before installing C3C...

Lt. Killer M 22-03-2004 12:16

krys: smart boy, but guess what I did in the first place? read post 1 for that.....

Sky: that seems to be it then - the new install obviously lacked 1.12 and 1.13!

I'll try it - as soon as I get that idiotic PC back onto the net which it refuses to find atm!