Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Civ III (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who Has Conquests (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014)

digger760 13-11-2003 14:03

Who Has Conquests

I had pre-ordered with Amazon but they are showing 1-2 weeks delivery. I rang the local game store (sometimes Iralnd can be 2-3 weeks behind) but they said they would have it tommorow. So the amazon order has just been cancelled.

An in an amazing co-incidence the wife is going out with her sisters tommorow night.:D

Shabbaman 13-11-2003 14:27

Sisters? [:O]

[lol] Sorry, couldn't resist. C3C might come in store here tomorrow, but the lazy ass workers at dynabyte probably won't have it on the shelves until saturday. Since I don't expect to have enough money by that time, I think I'll have a friend of mine, working at dynabyte and civ3 deity player, borrow ot for me. With some luck.

"Remember to call work for more sick days."

Skyfish 13-11-2003 14:52

Get that friend of yours "Deity player" on this site ASAP so we can kick his ass in a PBEM dude !
:D

Gothmog 13-11-2003 15:23

I preordered with Amazon and got my copy last night! Of course I am in the US, so YMMV.

Shabbaman 13-11-2003 15:29

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

Get that friend of yours "Deity player" on this site ASAP so we can kick his ass in a PBEM dude !
:D
I keep saying that, but ever since Matrix gave him a moderator warning for the use of dutch in his first post he stays away from any forums... Besides, he's too lazy to commit to pbem I gues. He insists on playing with automated workers...

Skyfish 13-11-2003 18:45

[scratch]
Deity and automated workers : hmm...[ponder]

[no]

ProPain 13-11-2003 22:49

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
I keep saying that, but ever since Matrix gave him a moderator warning for the use of dutch in his first post he stays away from any forums... Besides, he's too lazy to commit to pbem I gues. He insists on playing with automated workers...
He wont be modded here :) A dutch post might just be the long wanted excuse to use that great internet translation applet again [lol]

Shabbaman 14-11-2003 08:11

Yeah... I bet you guys desperately want someone who plays with automated workers... Anyway, to get this thread back on track:

Who got Conquests?

Grille 14-11-2003 10:49

I have it!
[jump]:D
Bought it yesterday and started a test game...
All that new stuff and changes made me feel inferior so I played regent...[:o]
(don't wanna be disturbed by the ai anyways)
My fav civs would have been Mayas or Sumerians, I let a coin decide in the end.
Picked the Sumerians, which have a warrior like UU (enkid... erm something like that -warrior), stats: ADM=1.2.1, cost=10, cannot build spears, traits: agricultural and scientific.
I say agricultural ROCKS big time! (probably my attitude changes as soon as I pick another trait...[lol])
Well, 1 irrigated grassland with game plus river side city equals settler factory.
Can irrigate desert and get 2 food, and that's in despotism (ir. oasis gives 3)!
Forest chopping takes 4 turns, yay!
Marsh lands suck (cannot settle there before clearing it, IIRC), clearing takes 16 turns (desp).
Min research is 50 turns and I've got already 2 SGL (game is still in the bc years - just reached the next era).[cool]
Rushed that ToA thingie and built a bunch of other wonders, looks like I could rely on a 20k victory (if that still counts, that is).
As I hit the middle ages, I clicked on 'the big picture', marked feudalism on the tech tree - and got it as free tech; dunno if that was coincidence or not. From Civ3 (w/o PTW), I used to get the tech (monoteism in most cases) as soon as I finished the last ancient tech, so I was a bit confused here.

Will continue tonite. Juhu!
:)

Shabbaman 14-11-2003 11:02

Free tech is random with 1.21 or 1.29 or so. In my current game I got feudalism as well. Your 20k might be spoiled by the ToA: it's made obsolete with edu (or something like that) and all your ToA temples will disappear.

Tried the conquests yet?