Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Civ V (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   I now own Civ V - what now? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5407)

Lt. Killer M 06-12-2012 23:37

I now own Civ V - what now?

Today, I won a game. "Any one of those over there!" I went and looked, and to my dismay found that a 10 € CIV V copy was the least unattractive. Thus, I now own Civ V.

Should I even install it?

Lt. Killer M 07-12-2012 00:51

well, this seems to take care of itself - steam install has issues, steam activation sucks, CIV V installation doesn't work.

Lt. Killer M 07-12-2012 00:53

installing Divx 9 for the sixth time now. How I hate it when they sell beta releases.

akots 07-12-2012 01:05

You can try. It does not like to get installed. Also, you'd need Steam. I have not uninstalled it but have not played for a long long time.

akots 07-12-2012 01:06

Uh, cross-posting. You are doing it right now, or so it seems.

akots 07-12-2012 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt. Killer M (Post 138351)
installing Divx 9 for the sixth time now. How I hate it when they sell beta releases.

It's DirectX, not Divx...

And it is not beta, it is the first version of alpha or pre-alpha. It gets better after patches though. Sometimes. Sometimes, after patches it gets worse.

Shabbaman 07-12-2012 08:50

Are you installing from Steam or from a disc? Steam should install the patched version.

socralynnek 07-12-2012 13:20

Bought it from steam 2 weeks ago (along with G&K expansion). Downloading and installing from there went fine.

(And so far, I think, installing is worth the time. Don't know yet how much I like it, but it looks and feels nice. Although strategy seems to be different. Maybe worse than Civ IV)

Plux 14-12-2012 12:23

You start playing it... then you play a little more... then you start playing it again... then you start practicing.. then you continue playing.. then you play still a little more.. than yohau start hating then you don`t want to play anymore.. then you want to play again.. then we play, then you start hating again and then I beat you cause I am the Conquerer of Civ.. ha ha ha..

don`t forget to eat and drink now and then...

... als spelling mistakes are delibirete

Plux 14-12-2012 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plux (Post 138381)
You start playing it... then you play a little more... then you start playing it again... then you start practicing.. then you continue playing.. then you play still a little more.. than yohau start hating then you don`t want to play anymore.. then you want to play again.. then we play, then you start hating again and then I beat you cause I am the Conquerer of Civ.. ha ha ha..

don`t forget to eat and drink now and then...

... als spelling mistakes are delibirete

note: use punctuation to avoid delusional miscomprehension ;-)