Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   ** Open thread forum ** (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rule the World Pitboss (CDZ Earth) (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4178)

Beam 16-04-2007 22:20

Rule the World Pitboss (CDZ Earth)

Based on a modified Earth Map the Rule the World Pitboss has started today. 11 players start on the sites of their historic cap:
akots: Russia (Cathy)
BCLG100: Rome (JC)
Beam: Inca (HC)
Matrix: Zulu (Shaky)
mauer: India (Asoka)
Meli: Mali (MM)
PP: Mongolia (GK)
Robboo: US (Roos)
Robi D: China (Mao)
Shabba: Arabs (Sally)
Stapel: Aztecs (Monty)

Time victory is off as is tech trading.

Some details of the game can be seen here so happy lurking!

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=434

Overview of the starts:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...CDZ_Earth2.jpg

Essential info for playing:

How to log in:
- Start Civ4 - Warlords
- Go to Multiplayer => Direct IP Connection
- Fill in your nickname for Player Name and matrix.kicks-ass.org or 82.73.85.197 for Network Address and click Connect.
- Select your civilization and click Ok.
- Choose a password and fill it in twice. Next time, it will ask for the same password. (No shit! )
- Play!
- [u]Exit to menu</u> when you're done! The connection doesn't close properly when you exit the game directly, resulting in the game going slower and slower every time someone does that. In effect I would have to save and reload the game every turn.

Here's an easy to use program to log into a Pitboss game automatically:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172459
Not useful for logging in the first time.

Here's the map, so that you can have a look at the map yourself. You don't need it to play the pitboss.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] CDZEartha.CivWarlordsWBSave.zip
41.16 KB

The doublemove rule in this game (discussion on page 7 of this thread):

Doublemoves are allowed in all cases except when accompanied by a declaration of war. In that case the declaring player is not allowed any offensive action against declared player until either:
a) 18 hours after end of the turn where war is declared.
b) the declared player logs in after end of the turn where war is declared.
The declaration of war itself still allows units of the declaring player offensive actions against the declared player in the turn where war is declared.

Matrix 17-04-2007 10:22

ProPain is the last one to play his first turn. If he doesn't before the next turn, I'll kick him so that the AI can play for him. But first he'll receive a PM and e-mail from me.

Edit: He hasn't read his PM at all yet. [rolleyes]

Robi D 17-04-2007 12:08

He might not get a chance if he doesn't get a move on ;)

Beam 17-04-2007 12:18

He'll prob be at work so little change he can play.

Any suggestions for a name for this game? <s>Spam</s> Post here. :)

Beam 17-04-2007 13:55

Just had a phonecall with PP. He indeed can't play before the end of this turn and if someone else can play this one turn would be nice. 1 can play but I'm in the game myself so not preferred.

Any takers?

Alternatively AI can play his turn.

digger760 17-04-2007 13:58

What!!! shabba is actually playing in a game[:o]

Matrix 17-04-2007 14:05

Digger!! Can you play for ProPain? :D

Matrix 17-04-2007 14:43

Someone logged in for him, calling himself "AmateurPain". [lol] But who is it?
He didn't finish the turn, nor did he build a city.

Matrix 17-04-2007 15:14

Um, I still don't know who logged in as "AmateurPain", but since I could see from the score that no city was built I thought it would be best for ProPain to kick him, so that the AI can finish his turn and build a city. When I kicked him, the score still didn't increase, so apparently the settlers just moved. Now in the new turn a new city actually is built, by the AI. [rolleyes] So in retrospective it probably wasn't a good decision to kick him. Anyway, a new turn started. But if Mongolia is made a mess ProPain may demand a restart IMO.

But who logged in for ProPain?!

IglooDude 17-04-2007 16:44

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Um, I still don't know who logged in as "AmateurPain", but since I could see from the score that no city was built I thought it would be best for ProPain to kick him, so that the AI can finish his turn and build a city. When I kicked him, the score still didn't increase, so apparently the settlers just moved. Now in the new turn a new city actually is built, by the AI. [rolleyes] So in retrospective it probably wasn't a good decision to kick him. Anyway, a new turn started. But if Mongolia is made a mess ProPain may demand a restart IMO.

But who logged in for ProPain?!
Sorry, it was me - I tried to post here (and respond to the requesting PM) and then CDZ timed out on me for a while.

The starting location sucked balls, so I didn't settle yet.

Beam 17-04-2007 17:46

That's ok IglooDude, I Pmed you. Strange is that PP still got 35 points but it might be some Pitboss thingie unfamliar to us.

BCLG100 17-04-2007 17:57

i was timing out when i tried to log in before

IglooDude 17-04-2007 18:54

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Beam

That's ok IglooDude, I Pmed you. Strange is that PP still got 35 points but it might be some Pitboss thingie unfamliar to us.
If ProPain got kicked to AI after I did the turn (I didn't log out to give ProPain the max amount of time to go on the second turn), the AI would presumably settle immediately and that's where the 35pts came from.

Matrix 17-04-2007 19:07

That's what happened. Because I didn't know you took over for him, or what exactly happened, I kicked him. So the AI now settled somewhere for ProPain. [rolleyes]

ProPain 17-04-2007 21:27

DOes being kicked mean that I;m out of the game or that the AI just played one turn?

If I'm still in can somebody pls PM me the pass I need. If I'm out then obviously no pass is needed :)

Beam 17-04-2007 21:52

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by ProPain

DOes being kicked mean that I;m out of the game or that the AI just played one turn?

If I'm still in can somebody pls PM me the pass I need. If I'm out then obviously no pass is needed :)

Afaik you're civ has been taken over by the AI Borg (you've been assimilated by the collective) but since a species 3,1415926 corrupted Borgs tech assessment it seems if IglooDude sends you the pass Matrix can put you back in Human Control. Or the other way round. :)

Darkness 17-04-2007 22:28

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by ProPain

The AI just played one turn for you. Matrix can return control of the Mongols to you.

Shabbaman 17-04-2007 23:04

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by digger760

What!!! shabba is actually playing in a game[:o]
[punch]

Anyway, PP, I think it's possible to take over an AI, but that's probably depending on the settings.

Matrix 17-04-2007 23:22

ProPain can simply log in as Mongolia. A new password will be asked, so no problem there.

IglooDude 18-04-2007 00:05

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

ProPain can simply log in as Mongolia. A new password will be asked, so no problem there.
That's my understanding as well, but in any case ProPain the password I added to your civ was pp. Also, it was the AI that screwed up your start, not me. [whistle]

Matrix 18-04-2007 00:26

How do I change the turn timer? [confused] Every turn takes approx. 26½ hours, so I need to set it on 22 hours.

BCLG100 18-04-2007 01:08

i still cant connect, timing out some more. I could get into the first turn fine.

Matrix 18-04-2007 02:10

Probably just bad timing. I tried to change the turn timer, so saved and reloaded it.
So you try again. If it still doesn't work...you've got a problem. [tongue]

BCLG100 18-04-2007 02:42

i got in fine now, i think i may have been putting 'kick-ass' instead of 'kicks-ass' :D

ProPain 18-04-2007 14:20

allright, dunno if I make todays deadline, if 26.5 hours is correct that would be around 17:30 local time. Critical cause I need to get Floor from daycare but I'kk be trying hard to leave early and play.

All problems will be over in a week or so when the new laptop arives that's powerfull enough to run Civ4. Then I can play during working hours again.

Also due to this I won't be online as much, but I'll be checking in on PM and mails so pls direct all diplo that way if necessary :)

Matrix 18-04-2007 17:24

That's alright. If you're not in time, the AI will only take another turn for you. They're not that stupid. [rolleyes] Note that when you log in, it's only to get control back from the AI. The AI always plays it's turn at the very beginning of the turn, so when you log in it has already moved your pieces and stuff...

ProPain 18-04-2007 22:37

Well, got control back. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow :)

Matrix 18-04-2007 23:46

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...34555_mooh.gif
21.56KB

[crazyeye]

Beam 19-04-2007 00:12

[spam]

Shabbaman 19-04-2007 07:51

So is there any way to see if I can already play a turn without having to log in?

Stapel 19-04-2007 08:26

Wow, my units all automoved succefully in the 2nd turn!

Beam 19-04-2007 09:12

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

So is there any way to see if I can already play a turn without having to log in?
If you registered on Civstats you can get a next round e-mail notification.

Darkness 19-04-2007 11:49

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Civstats...
The CDZ earth game is here:
http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=434

Beam 19-04-2007 14:31

What happens if everybody finishes turn before the timer is at 00:00. Still run til 0 or switch to the next turn? I see some players have been in the game and done something but not finished the turn. At this stage I can't imagine tactical reasons for that and we could win a couple of hours / day if the Pitboss indeed goes next turn if everybody is finished.

Robi D 19-04-2007 14:39

Once everyone has finished the turn a new turn begins right away. As why some haven't finished their turns, maybe they forgot to hit enter (done that a couple of times myself) or in some cases for timing reasons so they don't miss the next turn because they are away for a day they extend this turn. Other then that there is no reason i can think of

Melifluous 19-04-2007 16:38

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robi D

As why some haven't finished their turns, maybe they forgot to hit enter
You have to press Enter? [blush][hmm][help][melihere][python]

[meli]

Matrix 19-04-2007 17:02

Once everyone has presse enter after his turn, a new turn will start, so that would indeed gain us a couple of hours.

ProPain 19-04-2007 22:27

Right, press enter. I just left the game when waiting for other players appeared in the screen :)

Robi D 20-04-2007 09:00

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robi D

As why some haven't finished their turns, maybe they forgot to hit enter
You have to press Enter? [blush][hmm][help][melihere][python]

[meli]
Ummm...yeah you do[assw]

If could arrange it to be all on at the same time we could go through a bunch of turns at once:D

Matrix 20-04-2007 12:46

Oh no, my @Home [u]Regular</u> connection can't handle that! http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/frightened.gif

FYI, my connection speed is:
Download: 500KB/s
Upload: 75KB/s