Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   New Pitboss - Old Ghosts (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5279)

Plux 12-04-2011 19:52

New Pitboss - Old Ghosts

Hi All,

been a while since I've been here, but thnx to Matrix and Shabba I've found my way back. And anxious to play a game again. (havent touched civ5 yet) Anyone interested in a new pitboss game? Looking for 4/5/6 players, further settings to be defined as we go along.

- Plux
- Matrix
- Socralynnek
- 2metraninja
- Robi D
- Lt. Killer M
- PMBmaker

I personally have no experience hosting with pitboss and I find the app itself a bit confusing at first glance, so we'll have to discuss hosting issues as well.. :)

Let me know if u want to play and whatever requirements for the game u desire!

Matrix 12-04-2011 19:54

It'll be tough for me to host, but I could give it a try if necessary.

ProPain 12-04-2011 21:13

This is a civ IV game I presume?

Plux 12-04-2011 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPain (Post 131886)
This is a civ IV game I presume?

Yes it.. BTS 3.19

Matrix 12-04-2011 23:13

You wanna join, ProPain?
(And Killer, ERIKK and Kemal... [rolleyes])

BCLG100 12-04-2011 23:45

I might be able to help with a map but i doubt i have the time/inclination to play civ again :)

ProPain 13-04-2011 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix (Post 131889)
You wanna join, ProPain?
(And Killer, ERIKK and Kemal... [rolleyes])

If you get Killer, ERIKK and Kemal to join I will as well. :)

I'm tempted to join but won't. I simply cannot garantee a long term, daily turn.

socralynnek 13-04-2011 09:07

I'd like to join!

It will be some time until I will touch Civ V...

Plux 19-04-2011 01:13

I have some1 from civfanatics to join.. welcome 2metraninja!

OP edited.

Furiey 19-04-2011 10:47

Make sure when you set up the game you set Take over AI and Simultaneous moves. I forgot to set both of these with Robi's Quest for Spoilers...

Shabbaman 19-04-2011 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCLG100 (Post 131890)
I might be able to help with a map but i doubt i have the time/inclination to play civ again :)

At least not civ4.

Robi D 20-04-2011 05:12

I'm happy to join if you'll have me

Plux 20-04-2011 16:49

I'm thinking a low barb setting, small size map, normal or high speed, tech-trading allowed..

2metroninja also asked about turn timer, difficulty, restricted or unrestricted leaders.

IIRC turn timer doesnot qualify since its a pitboss or do we have to have a cap at like 3 mins?

I play monarch and emperor mostly, but I dont know about others.

Unrestricted leaders are ok afaic.

Furiey 20-04-2011 17:25

You will need a turn timer that gives the maximum time before a turn will end unless everyone plays their turn earlier. A turn timer of 3 mins will give everyone 3 mins for their turn, that's 3 mins in total not 3 mins each, you would have to play all day! The Robi's Questfor Spoilers pitboss gives 24 hours per turn and seems about right allowing for time zone differences etc.

Plux 20-04-2011 18:23

ok, ty for clarifying that.. and welcome aboard Robi D!

Lt. Killer M 21-04-2011 00:11

you want me (to get killed or kill) you get me. I'm in!

socralynnek 21-04-2011 00:35

Personally, I pretty much prefer "No tech trading"

Matrix 21-04-2011 00:49

^ what he said

Robi D 21-04-2011 02:27

Have to agree with no tech trading, having it on makes the game one dimentional. Also for most pitboss games we have started with 2 settlers, 2warrior and a worker to speed up the start but thats not essential.

Finally shoud have someone at least check the map to make sure no one gets dudded

Plux 21-04-2011 18:37

OK then it will be:

low barb setting, small size map, normal speed, tech-trading NOT allowed, 24h turn timer, difficulty Monarch, unrestricted leaders, normal start (ie 1settler, 1warrior).

unless people desire otherwise within 48h..

BCLG100, would you be so kind to make us the map after 48h?

Matrix, can you host?

Robi D 22-04-2011 11:08

will we be picking leaders/civs or leaving it to random chance?

Lt. Killer M 22-04-2011 15:16

random, I'd say

BCLG100 22-04-2011 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plux (Post 132168)
OK then it will be:

low barb setting, small size map, normal speed, tech-trading NOT allowed, 24h turn timer, difficulty Monarch, unrestricted leaders, normal start (ie 1settler, 1warrior).

unless people desire otherwise within 48h..

BCLG100, would you be so kind to make us the map after 48h?

Matrix, can you host?

I have my big Bar exams next Wednesday and Thursday so I wouldn't be able to get around to making a map until at least some time after that (taking into account drunk/recovery time). If that's fine then i'll give it a shot, if not then I can't really do it any faster unfortunatly.

Plux 25-04-2011 16:50

I think after so many years a few days of patience more are fine indeed. Let me know when you are ready with the map.

Ive got a new system running so silently that it might make it possible to host myself, if pitboss + Windows 7 allows for daily computer use and pitboss server tasks. So far I think it shouldnt be a problem, but if someone has any negative experience with this I'd like to hear about it..

Matrix 25-04-2011 17:23

Crap, I sort of have the same problem: I'm going on holiday this Wednesday and will come back two weeks after. :( Perhaps someone could play for me for two weeks, after which I can take over again...

Plux 25-04-2011 23:51

I think nobody would mind waiting, but hopefully you find a trustworthy startup replacement

BCLG100 26-04-2011 13:13

Well I can always playtest for awhile if you can't.

Matrix 26-04-2011 13:37

Could you also help me out for the other pitboss, RQFS? [mischief]

BCLG100 26-04-2011 18:00

Not really, for the same reason why I wont be able to get around to this till probably monday at the earliest.

BCLG100 04-05-2011 22:44

Ok, so I can probably get around to making this as i've sobered up a bit!

I see that you've got a few of the settings checked but wouldn't mind checking some more.

How many people are playing?
Has there been a patch that i've missed?
Do i have some lee-way to leave some easter eggs/traps?
are you sure you only want 1 settler and warrior or do you want a few starting bonuses? if so what? perhaps another worker, settler and warrior/scout if applicable.

Lt. Killer M 05-05-2011 19:44

I'd like to have a BUFFY compatible game, if possible. It saves so much hassle.... what do the others say?

BCLG100 05-05-2011 20:12

is that the cfc HOF mod? if so i could do with an updated link before making the map (if it affects it),

Lt. Killer M 06-05-2011 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCLG100 (Post 132521)
is that the cfc HOF mod? if so i could do with an updated link before making the map (if it affects it),

let's wait for the others... BUFFY is basically the same as the HOF mod, and accepted for it (last time I checked).

socralynnek 06-05-2011 00:39

I have BUFFY installed, and I think I have played a pitboss, where it was used and it worked, I think...

So, yes, I'd be fine with using it.

Plux 06-05-2011 01:21

I have no clue what the Buffy or HOF mods entail, so if you have a link or info to enlighten my wicked but ignorant mind, please share...

For a nice and flexible start, my preference is to have a settler, warrior and scout available, and plenty of early resources for the starting site. I suppose thats ok with most of the other 5 ( six in total ) players.

socralynnek 06-05-2011 09:06

I wouldn't mind having another Settler to speed the early phase up. But I guess, with 6 people, it's probably rather fast anyway (although personally: I can only play in the evening, and on some days, only late in the evening)

2metraninja 06-05-2011 09:23

Hi guys, happy to finally able to post at CDZ.

Right now the CFC forum server is overloaded and cant post specifics, but I know that BUFFY removes few possible cheats situation and few events as the Arian uprising, which can kill whole civ (5-6 barbarian axes/archers spawning at turn 30 or so near your capitol)

Also it gives you ton of information - who have what for trading, where you can whip with how many overflow and so on.

Unfortunately I found this while searching for multiplayer+buffy:

Quote:

Unfortunately, we are having constant problems, with a "out of sync" problem. Haven't read through all the forum pages, but is this a known issue? What's the deal? Can it be prevented?

I'm hosting, and the other player has to log out of the game and back in each time. It seems to be each and every time he attacks anything. Only barbarians so far. But, each and every time he tried to attack one, the out of sync appeared.
Quote:

right now there is a known issue with the new bull dll/bug and OOS errors. You might see some in other versions but it's hard to say where it cropped up.
Quote:

Exact same problem here using Buffy 3.19.003. Only attacking barbs/AI cities causes instant OOS. We'll try without Buffy tomorrow.
Anyone knowing more on this?

2metraninja 06-05-2011 09:28

On another matter, I have an online friend - PMBmaker, who is looking for new pitboss to join as our last ended prematurely because of the childish behavior of one of the players, pausing the game all the time seeing he is going to be overwhelmed soon.

PMBmaker is reasonable and honorable player, who plays the game as it is intended to be played.

So, will you accept another player?

Lt. Killer M 06-05-2011 13:44

the main advantage of BUFFY, for me, is that it gives you all the info you can glean form the game in an easy-access format. You don't have to keep lists from old turns, you don't have to click through a thousand screens, etc.

Plux 06-05-2011 15:40

It sounds ok, Buffy, I'll see if I can fiddle around a bit with it before the actual game starts. I would think the OOS errors shouldnt arise in a Pitboss MP game, since players are not simultaneously logged in. I couldnt find problems searching for Pitboss + BUFFY, couldn't find zilch actually. We'll have to find out for ourselves, I guess, we might be first to try it in Pitboss..

A 7th guest is ok by me..