Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Steam summer sale has started (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5292)

ProPain 30-06-2011 20:48

Steam summer sale has started

After a lot of anticipation on the Steam forum at least, the summer sale has started. Be sure to check it out as some really good deals are to be gotten. As well as some crap ones, but that could also be my taste in games. :)

I would love to hear if and what you all are buying. Or why you're not buying anything :)

Furiey 01-07-2011 01:13

Still no job so trying to resist...

Did buy Denmark for Civ 5 though.

ProPain 01-07-2011 02:51

Magicka for 16,xx will prolly be too much for me to pass on.

Have some other games that look good for the sales price but like you I try to resist. Saw that Darkness went all out however :)

Shabbaman 01-07-2011 10:09

Tropico 3 is on sale as well, although it isn't mentioned on the sale page. I just found out that Tropico 4 is close to it's release date. I have to say that Tropico 3 with the expansion Absolute Power is one of the funniest game there is. If you are a demented dictator who likes to starve his people, this is the game for you. And since you're all playing civ I think that description fits all of you.

ProPain 01-07-2011 10:25

I bought Tropico 1&2 for like 1.50€ a month ago or something, very good and very funny. Immediately bought Tropico3 as well and I agree with Shabba: funny and good game. In short it's sim-city with a twist as you have to keep several factions on your island happy as well.To do so you can give them things like free elementary education but if you don't care about education you can assasinate the faction leader as well.

socralynnek 01-07-2011 10:28

I have enough games for PC and WII left that I'd like to play more often (e.g. still Civ4 or Defense Grid or Mario Kart...oh, and I bought Sid Meier' Railroads once for 3 Euro and still haven't installed...). But I'll have a look.

And for Civ5 and most other up to date games, I still need a faster machine...

Tropico 3 sounds nice, I had Tropico 1 and it was already fun.

Darkness 01-07-2011 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPain (Post 133545)
Saw that Darkness went all out however :)

Saw some good deals on games that I wanted to buy (they were already in the shopping cart after I had looked around the store a couple of weeks ago) so I figured why wait? Got over 50% discount so the timing was nice... :D

Shabbaman 01-07-2011 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by socralynnek (Post 133554)
I have enough games for PC and WII left that I'd like to play more often (e.g. still Civ4 or Defense Grid or Mario Kart...oh, and I bought Sid Meier' Railroads once for 3 Euro and still haven't installed...). But I'll have a look.

And for Civ5 and most other up to date games, I still need a faster machine...

Tropico 3 sounds nice, I had Tropico 1 and it was already fun.

If you can't run civ5, I don't think you can run Tropico 3. But there's a free demo on Steam.

ProPain 01-07-2011 16:18

Toki Tori is on sale for €1.12, I highly recommend this game. Think lemmings (for you old school peeps out there) puzzler game, difficulty ramps up pretty quickly.

The game is more about puzzling than timing and comes with a really nice rewind feature that lets you rewind a map to a previous position when you messed up. Saves you from starting all over every time.

Shabbaman 05-07-2011 11:31

I don't get it: I bought Tropico 3 a few days ago. It was on a 33% discount. Yesterday it was on a 75% discount, and now it's on a 33% discount again. Wait, what? So, sunday I bought Football Manager 2011 (yes, I finally gave up real life) on a 50% discount, yesterday it was on a 25% discount.

But now it's official: I have more games than I can possibly play.

In other news: Fallout: New Vegas is on a 75% discount today.