Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Front Page News (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Jon Shafer moves to Stardock (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5241)

Shabbaman 05-01-2011 10:26

Jon Shafer moves to Stardock

Friend of the site ;) Jon Shafer has moved to Stardock after his sudden departure from Firaxis. Hopefully he won't turn the epic Stardock franchises like Sins of a Solar Empire and Galactic Civilizations into the succes that is civ5.

Quote:

In a major hiring coup for Stardock, the developer of the Galactic Civilizations series and more recently Elemental: War of Magic has revealed exclusively to Big Download that it has hired Jon Shafer to its team. Shafer recently left Firaxis Games where he served as the lead designer behind the studio's most recent game Civilization V. In his new role, Shafer will be helping with the design and increasing mod support for Elemental. At some point in the future he will also be leading his own team at Stardock on an unnanounced new stand alone game for the developer.
More text and a huge-ass picture of Trip at this site.

ProPain 05-01-2011 11:04

I wonder how he'll try to turn Elemental into a Panzer General clone ;)

Socrates 05-01-2011 23:36

I guess Civ5 as a whole and Shafer's job in particular are seen as a great success, or else I don't get it and don't know what's happening behind the scene.

Yet another example that leads me to turn away from commercial games, "commercial" meaning "which you can buy" here.

Shabbaman 06-01-2011 10:19

To be honest: Stardock is making games of the highest quality. So that makes it more the interesting that they're hiring... this guy. They're not insane, so I guess he must've done something right. Perhaps we should just go back to blaming Firaxis for everything that goes wrong.

Pastorius 22-10-2012 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 130580)
To be honest: Stardock is making games of the highest quality. So that makes it more the interesting that they're hiring... this guy. They're not insane, so I guess he must've done something right. Perhaps we should just go back to blaming Firaxis for everything that goes wrong.

Probably quite fucking true

ProPain 22-10-2012 23:08

Did a dredging bot high-jack your account? :P

Furiey 23-10-2012 03:15

Just getting jelous of Heather11 I reckon.

Shabbaman 23-10-2012 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPain (Post 137969)
Did a dredging bot high-jack your account? :P

That's what you get when people are AWOL for a while, they have a giant backlog of quality threads they need to spam. Imagine what'd happen when/if Anarres comes back.

Pastorius 23-10-2012 23:19

That' ll certainly make the server go down in flames. And some ISP getting their ass handed to them

Shabbaman 24-10-2012 11:07

Handed? More like fisted.