Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5460)

socralynnek 21-01-2018 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 140618)

Also playing Cities Skylines with my 5 y.o. [worship]

We tried it out today for the first time and he really liked it (and he really has something to do because he can have an eye on where the buildings are demanding some action ;-) )
Oh, and I liked it as well although I guess there is a lot to discover still...

Shabbaman 22-01-2018 19:00

Last sunday we were driving on the highway and he pointed at the power lines: "when lightning strikes, nobody has power". I figured playing games like these develop a very systemic view on how the world works.

I tried to play Tropico 5 with him, but he found that to be boring. There's a lot of text involved, so I can imagine why.

Meunier 18-10-2018 15:27

I've been playing a lot of World of Warcraft since the new expansion was released a couple of months ago. Now that I've had my WoW fix for the year, I'm ready to play some Civ games again haha. Any other WoW nerds in the community btw?

Shabbaman 27-10-2018 20:43

I guess if there were a lot of WoW fans that'd explain why it is so quiet here.

Shabbaman 01-12-2018 19:50

I'm wondering if anyone here is playing Fallout 76. I'm not. What I like about FO is VATS, and this is not a proper VATS. FO as an FPS sucks.

socralynnek 28-12-2018 09:10

Don't have much time for playing, so it is more like: I play each of these games about once a month.

Playing the one or other Civ V GOTM (with the goal to try to optimize things or to win at all, it is an entertaining game for me, despite some flaws, still think that with the last expansion it is a good game)

From time to time Cities Skylines

If I have like 45-60 min of time, I play Offworld Trading Company

And sometimes with my kid: Railroad Tycoon 3...

No need for some brand new games...

Matrix 28-12-2018 17:29

I retried Civ6 a couple of days ago, but the interface it so horrible, there is no way to get into a flow. I remember Civ5 was the same, so still sticking to Civ4.

Skylines is cool! But once I had built a wonderful city, I hadn't gone back to it since. (Same happened to the Sims for me: I had a perfect mansion and then I was done playing.) It was made in my new home town of Tampere, Finland, by the way. :D

Now I've grown a bit of an addiction on the new Master of Orion. It's a lot more fun than I anticipated! I only bought it because it was on discount for €7 on Steam.

But what I spend most gaming hours on...

Tekken 7 [slap]

Shabbaman 28-12-2018 20:55

I played a game of civ6 some months ago. I didn't mind the interface, but on a whole I had an uneventful win (monarch). The endgame was utterly boring. Pure misery.

Suggestion: look into They Are Billions. Challenging game yet not overly complex.

Matrix 31-12-2018 13:35

I can say the same about Master of Orion. :) But thanks, I'll look into it!

Beorn 07-02-2019 15:20

Crashed my bike hard in October, I'm on a 6-30 months (unknowable) sick leave with my senses and abilities coming back slowly. Hopeful targets are some physical activity in the late spring, maybe back to work in the Fall semester. Doc can't (not won't) comment on how long it will/should take.

So, I've been replaying the old X-COMs since they don't move in real time and I know them by heart (so no need to read). When energy allows, I help alpha-test the Open Apocalypse project (turn-based since real-time takes too much out of me).

Then I've felt frisky and gave a run at Baldur's Gate. Had to stop a while, reading NPCs and quests was giving me headaches. Lately it's been better though.

And now this guy went and started a cIV pitboss. I barely ever played cIV but hey, can't refuse that.