Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Whomp's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Trash talking time.... (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3160)

Darkness 22-11-2005 09:22

Trash talking time....

Week 12 coming up...

Now it's the great Dark Demons against that silly little team that you've put up! [:p]

Prepare to have your 4-game winning streak snapped! :D

No, seriously, this one will go down to the wire I think, with monday nights game featuring Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne on your side and the Steelers D on mine. Shit, I think I'm in trouble... :( ;)

Pastorius 22-11-2005 09:48

Trash talk quality: *** on a scale from 1-5.

Rik Meleet 22-11-2005 10:48

?

Darkness 22-11-2005 11:02

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

?
Fantasy Football
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=121176 ;)

Next weekend it's Whomp vs. Darkness (which I am likely to loose but still... I'm not doing too bad, as the only non-American in the League (I'm 9th, Whomp is 3rd in the 16-team league: Top 8 go to the playoffs, so I really need a win, but Whomp has Peyton Manning (best QB) in his team, so it will be an up-hill battle)

Whomp 22-11-2005 16:12

Let me clarify a few things here. The Dark Demons are misinforming the public.

#1 The Dark Demons are not the ONLY non-American in this league since Aussie based Sanabas' Demented Drop Wombats are also in the league. Not only that but the Wombats are in the playoff hunt at 5-6 plus he plays the miserable Ironclads who have lost 8 in a row and are 1-10.

#2 BA's Massive Whompus is tied for 2nd with Roger's Collarbone and the Springfield Atoms with 8-3 records and has scored more points than both of them year to date.

What is true is the Dark Demons desperately need a win at 6-5. My Massive Whompus went freaky this past week on Fred's Freaks who had a 3 game win streak. It is now time to exorcise the Dark Demons who have won 3 in a row. The problem for the Demons is my team has won 4 in a row.

Let me finish by saying our teams matchup up reasonably well especially if my #2 running back continues to whine about his maladies and doesn't play again this week.

As far as smack talk goes Coach Whomp has a few team rules.

#1 No silly dances in the end zone. Play the game like you've been there before.

#2 If someone tries to smack talk simply say "look at the scoreboard and let's play ball".

Subliminal message a little known rule #3 says that Peyton Manning and Coach Whomp can be paid off with lots of cold Stellas.[:p]

So Mr. Demon I say "en garde"! [duelist]

Pastorius 22-11-2005 16:37

Trash talk quality; ***(*)

Could have received a * if the post had been a tad more intimidating ;)

Darkness 22-11-2005 16:43

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Let me clarify a few things here. The Dark Demons are misinforming the public.

#1 The Dark Demons are not the ONLY non-American in this league since Aussie based Sanabas' Demented Drop Wombats are also in the league. Not only that but the Wombats are in the playoff hunt at 5-6 plus he plays the miserable Ironclads who have lost 8 in a row and are 1-10.

True... [blush2]
My bad. I completely forgot about Sanabas...

Quote:

#2 BA's Massive Whompus is tied for 2nd with Roger's Collarbone and the Springfield Atoms with 8-3 records and has scored more points than both of them year to date.

So? [???]
- I lost a sqeaker to the league leader Burninators in week 1 by three points...
- I lost a sqeaker to Rogers Collarbone in week 6 by less than two points...
- I soundly beat the Springfield Atoms in week 9 by 19 points...

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!!! :D

Quote:

What is true is the Dark Demons desperately need a win at 6-5. My Massive Whompus went freaky this past week on Fred's Freaks who had a 3 game win streak. It is now time to exorcise the Dark Demons who have won 3 in a row. The problem for the Demons is my team has won 4 in a row.
So, I see a nice possiblity for a repeat of history here:
Fred had won 4, then you beat him, so now you have won 4 in a row.
Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.

Quote:

Let me finish by saying our teams matchup up reasonably well especially if my #2 running back continues to whine about his maladies and doesn't play again this week.
You knew Taylor was injury-prone when you drafted him, so no complaining now... ;) Besides, this injury is said to be not that serious.

We match up well indeed, except at QB, 'cause Peyton's going to score much more than Jake Delhomme... Maybe I've got a tiny edge at RB though, with Droughns on a serious roll.

Quote:

As far as smack talk goes Coach Whomp has a few team rules.

#1 No silly dances in the end zone. Play the game like you've been there before.

#2 If someone tries to smack talk simply say "look at the scoreboard and let's play ball".

Subliminal message a little known rule #3 says that Peyton Manning and Coach Whomp can be paid off with lots of cold Stellas.[:p]

So Mr. Demon I say "en garde"! [duelist]

Nice rules...
But I don't dance.... [:p]

Whomp 22-11-2005 17:47

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Demonized One
So?
- I lost a sqeaker to the league leader Burninators in week 1 by three points...

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!
...almost doesn't count. It's like saying you ALMOST lost to the 1-10 Ironclads (1 point win). You ALMOST lost but....
Question is what happened in the other 3 losses when you played against "Sister Mary Pat's weak ass sisters of the poor" teams? [:P]

Quote:

quote: Originally posted by the exorcised one

Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.
Fuzzy logic but I like it.....not.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Darkside
Nice rules...But I don't dance....
This includes the "head bob" [music] which all males are capable of...[:p]

Darkness 22-11-2005 21:51

Quote:

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Demonized One
So?

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!
...almost doesn't count. It's like saying you ALMOST lost to the 1-10 Ironclads (1 point win). You ALMOST lost but....
Question is what happened in the other 3 losses when you played against "Sister Mary Pat's weak ass sisters of the poor" teams? [:P]

Quote:

quote: Originally posted by the exorcised one

Fuzzy logic but I like it.....not.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Darkside
Nice rules...But I don't dance....
This includes the "head bob" [music] which all males are capable of...[:p]
Yeah, but I don't have long hair anymore, so that would just look silly. [:p]

BTW: I do seem to be loosing the trash talking thingy, don't I? ;)

Doesn't matter, 'cause I'll win the game. :)

Maybe..... [blush2]

Whomp 22-11-2005 22:08

As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure.
I suppose we can let Paal judge the quality of our "treasure" creating skills.
What I can say dear Mr. Darkside Dude is I'd like to see you make the playoffs, just not at my expense. :D