Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Other Games (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Cities in motion (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5414)

Shabbaman 29-01-2013 12:17

Cities in motion

I came across this game when I read the announcement for the sequel. At first glance it seems like a Simcity clone, but it's actually a Transport Tycoon clone. And it's from Paradox, so it must be very difficult and hard to master.

There's a shipload of DLC as well, including this beauty. If you don't understand why that isn't hilarious, you've probably never visited the Paradox forums :D

Anyway, Cities in motion 2 is on my watchlist.

ProPain 29-01-2013 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 138579)
I came across this game when I read the announcement for the sequel. At first glance it seems like a Simcity clone, but it's actually a Transport Tycoon clone. And it's from Paradox, so it must be very difficult and hard to master.

There's a shipload of DLC as well, including this beauty. If you don't understand why that isn't hilarious, you've probably never visited the Paradox forums :D

I visit that forum quite regularly but still don't get it

Shabbaman 29-01-2013 14:00

Start here (or here if the comics don't work). Don't blame me if you won't do anything productive this afternoon.

ProPain 29-01-2013 22:09

Well that's a few hours gone indeed. Great AAR, get the joke now :)

Plux 31-01-2013 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 138579)

Looks like a fun game indeed.. I`ve been following the new release of Simcity due in March, wasn`t elected for the beta unfortunately. I`ve been reading just a few bad reviews about it so I`m going to play either one of these two games.. But Simcity is much more expensive, so keep me posted if you have news about this CiM2..

Shabbaman 31-01-2013 10:07

I found there's a free demo for CiM1. It's not on Steam, so I'm not sure I'll make the effort to download and install it manually. I don't know if I even remember how to do that ;)

Anyway, worth checking out. CiM2 won't be out for another half a year, and I think it won't be much cheaper than Simcity (at least: by then...). And EU4 will be out as well, so I seriously doubt I'll have any spare time left to play CiM2 or feed the baby.

Socrates 31-01-2013 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 138601)
I found there's a free demo for CiM1. It's not on Steam, so I'm not sure I'll make the effort to download and install it manually. I don't know if I even remember how to do that ;)

Easy: Next > Next > Next > Next > Install.
And that's from a Linux user. ;)

BCLG100 31-01-2013 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates (Post 138603)
Easy: Next > Next > Next > Next > Install.
And that's from a Linux user. ;)

Probably have to pop in an 'I accept these terms and conditions' somewhere.

Shabbaman 18-10-2013 11:09

Cities in Motion 2 is part of the Indie Royale Bundle, if you're interested in this game you pick it up cheaply. I might, if I figure out how to pay without creditcard.

Shabbaman 31-10-2013 10:03

Update: there is quite some depth in this game, but apparently it's exclusively sandbox-mode. There's multiplayer, but it's coop...