Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Darkness' House of Horrors (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Away (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2677)

Darkness 31-05-2005 21:34

Away

Like the topic title says, I'll be away for a while....

From june 2nd to june 13th, to be exact, 'cause my boss is sending me to a big convention in the US. :)

The following PBEMs will be on hold until I return:
- Banzai
- Killer
- Kryszctov
- Puwen
- Tiny 4-player (Dell19, Killer and Wosret)

I will try to play all saves that arive before 23:00 CET tomorrow, but after that my C3C access is gone until june 13th...

Kingreno 31-05-2005 23:18

I emailed your name to CIA's annonymous Terrorists Inc.

Have fun![goodjob]

Darkness 31-05-2005 23:22

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I emailed your name to CIA's annonymous Terrorists Inc.

Have fun![goodjob]

[rotfl] Some of my colleagues already threatened to do that as well! [lol]

Thanks KR. (and I'll definately have fun, 'cause I'm staying for three extra days after the whole work-thingy is finished. :))

Pastorius 31-05-2005 23:29

I sent the FBI an email about a hippy from Holland with weird tobacco in his luggage.

Bon voyage D, and be weary of them calling for big muscular ladies with plastic gloves at the airport over there [mischief]

Edit: I didnt know your name, so I described you as a person covered in darkness instead.

Whomp 31-05-2005 23:29

Where city is the convention in Darkness?

Darkness 31-05-2005 23:35

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Where city is the convention in Darkness?
San Antonio, Texas

akots 31-05-2005 23:41

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Darkness
San Antonio, Texas
If you happen to be in Houston, we can go out and have a dinner.

Darkness 31-05-2005 23:44

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by akots

Quote:

San Antonio, Texas
If you happen to be in Houston, we can go out and have a dinner.
Would be nice, but I am afraid my only visit to Houston will be a one-hour lay-over at Houston International Airport on the flight back home. :(

Pastorius 31-05-2005 23:45

San Antonio, isnt that where Lefty is located? Perhaps the two of you could do something :D

Darkness 31-05-2005 23:47

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

San Antonio, isnt that where Lefty is located? Perhaps the two of you could do something :D
Are you trying to get me assimilated by CFC's all-powerful Cyborg mod? [crazyeye]

Whomp 01-06-2005 01:04

Well if you like basketball the San Antonio Spurs are rocking. I'm sure the town will be crazy when you're there. I've never been to San Antonio so I'm no help on stuff to do.

Matrix 01-06-2005 01:08

My first response too was "Hey, Lefty lives there!" :) I would certainly give it a try to meet him. But you might not know him that well, nor the other way around.

Anyway, have fun!

akots 01-06-2005 01:09

Go to Seaworld. It is nice if you have not yet been in one already. And Riverwalk is a cool place. But it will be terribly hot there.

Darkness 01-06-2005 08:26

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Well if you like basketball the San Antonio Spurs are rocking. I'm sure the town will be crazy when you're there. I've never been to San Antonio so I'm no help on stuff to do.
I suggest you go check the CFC sports forum to see which basketball team I support... ;)

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by akots

Go to Seaworld. It is nice if you have not yet been in one already. And Riverwalk is a cool place. But it will be terribly hot there.
Thanks for the advice akots. :)

Lt. Killer M 01-06-2005 09:18

hey D, have fun!

I'll be gone to the US, too, when you get back, so no PBEM before 29th!

Banzai 01-06-2005 10:32

Good luck and enjoy Darkness!

Darkness 13-07-2005 09:50

OK, guys, I'll be away again for a while...

My flight to Cancun leaves at 10:30 in the morning on friday, so the following PBEMs will be on hold until I return (july 30th):

- vs Banzai
- vs Killer
- vs Puwen
- vs Krys
- Tiny 4-player

I played all saves I had in my inbox yesterday afternoon at 5 PM CET, so I hope I see five new saves when I get back ;).

See you all in two-and-a-half weeks, and have fun at Killers' party! :)

Banzai 13-07-2005 09:58

Have fun!!

Darkness 01-08-2005 01:31

I'm back again.... :)

Great vacation, now it's back to work (from thursday anyway... :()

Socrates 01-08-2005 01:40

Welcome back. :)

Gonna play that save now, and will play our turns asap from now on. Civ4 is coming, and we still have 450 turns to play, given our start. ;)

I hope Cancun was a nice place to drink, drink and drink ! [goodjob]

Darkness 01-08-2005 01:49

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

I hope Cancun was a nice place to drink, drink and drink ! [goodjob]
Cancun was OK, but I only was there one night.... ;)

My girlfriend and I did a 16 day roundtrip through the southern part of Mexico, Guatemala, a bit of Honduras and a small part of Belize...
Awesome sights! Fantastic nature and great, great Maya cities!

Socrates 01-08-2005 01:58

Quote:

and great, great Maya cities!
Now, this IS what I would have liked to see !! [thumbsup] Did you climb on top of some Mayan temples ? I also hope you weren't annoyed by a hurricane that I think went through Yucatan lately... [hmm] Hard to depict a trip going through so many countries in Latin America...

Anyway the save was played, and I'm currently experiencing serious unhappiness at the moment. [crazyeye]

Darkness 01-08-2005 11:18

Quote:

Quote:

and great, great Maya cities!
Now, this IS what I would have liked to see !! [thumbsup] Did you climb on top of some Mayan temples ? I also hope you weren't annoyed by a hurricane that I think went through Yucatan lately... [hmm] Hard to depict a trip going through so many countries in Latin America...

Anyway the save was played, and I'm currently experiencing serious unhappiness at the moment. [crazyeye]
Hurricane Emily? We kept missing that one by a day... :)
When Emily reached Cancun, we had just left there, and we were on the other end of the peninsula, at Merida. And when Emily reached Merida, we had just left there for Palenque, which is at the beginning of the mountain range that goes through central America from north to south. And when the bad weather from Emily reached Palenque, we were already high up in the mountains (2200m) at San Christobal de las Casas. So we were really, really lucky! :)

The Maya cities were great! Especially Palenque and Tikal. Chichen Itza is also very beautiful, but about half the buildings there were built by the Toltecs, who conquered part of the Maya territory after 1000 AD, so that city was quite different from the rest of them.

And, yes, we did climb all the temples that we could (and one that was not allowed, but we only learned that when we were heading back to the exit, as the sign was hidden... [rolleyes])
Among others, we climbed the Temple of Kukulkan at Chichen Itza, right before a thunderstorm hit. Quite an amazing sight! And we also climbed the highest known Maya templ, which is located in Tikal, and is about 70 meters high. That one had a great view over the surrounding jungle...

I seriouly doubt your unhappyness is as big as mine. You've got the library and I got RoP raped by the Hittites, so who do you think is in better shape? [crazyeye]

Rik Meleet 01-08-2005 11:44

Mayaland full of temples, while a lot of their lands (including Chizen Itza) was in Toltec hands... Why didn't they culture-flip back ?

Must have been an amazing vacation !!

Darkness 01-08-2005 11:54

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Mayaland full of temples, while a lot of their lands (including Chizen Itza) was in Toltec hands... Why didn't they culture-flip back ?

Because apparently the Maya's abandoned all their cities (except Chichen Itza) between 900-1000 AD, so there wasn't anything to flip back to... ;)

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Must have been an amazing vacation !!
Best one so far! :)

Darkness 26-09-2005 10:35

Going away again...

Last minute work-related trip to Thessalonica (Greece) scheduled from tuesday september 27th until sunday october 2nd...
And, because this a last-minute thing :(, I still have a lot of work (preparing a presentation, etc.) to do before I leave so I don't have a lot of time (read: next to nothing) for playing civ before I leave.

I've got to formally request a skip for SGOTM 8...

I'll try to play PBEM saves in my inbox tonight but I can't make any promises.

Games on hold:
vs. Killer
vs. Banzai
vs. Puwen (not moving anyway)
Tiny 4-player (dead)

Banzai and Krys can take care of the 16+ game while I am gone, so no worries/holdup there.

Banzai 26-09-2005 10:42

Have fun and good luck!

Socrates 26-09-2005 11:20

LOL you guys are always moving ! [lol] Anyway, Greece sounds nice, I hope you can taste some of it when you're there. :)

Darkness 26-09-2005 11:42

Quote:

Anyway, Greece sounds nice, I hope you can taste some of it when you're there. :)
Unfortunately no... :(
It's a four day convention, and I have to go back immediately after due to family commitments.

Darkness 19-07-2006 06:51

On vacation from now until july 26th... :)

Darkness 26-07-2006 12:40

Back again... :)

BCLG100 26-07-2006 13:09

Woop welcome back, have a good time?

Now we can get Rock On kickstarted again :)

Darkness 26-07-2006 13:24

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Woop welcome back, have a good time?

Now we can get Rock On kickstarted again :)
Will play in 5...

Darkness 12-10-2006 08:52

I'll be away from late this afternoon until sunday evening...

Darkness 05-04-2007 15:49

Away from late this evening until monday april 9th in the evening...

Rik Meleet 05-04-2007 20:04

Have fun

Darkness 29-05-2007 20:42

Away again...

This time from 31st May until 9th June, for a conference in Indianapolis. Let's just hope the weather is better this weekend then it was for the Indy 500...

Darkness 09-06-2007 13:34

Quote:

Away again...

This time from 31st May until 9th June, for a conference in Indianapolis. Let's just hope the weather is better this weekend then it was for the Indy 500...
Back again...
I saw a great lecture on intelligent design btw... [lol]

I also saw the friday edition of USA today at Dulles airport yesterday. The front page had a poll on it in which 39% of America claimed to be absolutely certain of creationism, whereas only 15% declared to be absolutely certain of evolution.... [eek]

killercane 09-06-2007 14:14

Quote:

Quote:

Away again...

Back again...

I also saw the friday edition of USA today at Dulles airport yesterday. The front page had a poll on it in which 39% of America claimed to be absolutely certain of creationism, whereas only 15% declared to be absolutely certain of evolution.... [eek]
You were surprised by this? :)

Darkness 09-06-2007 15:31

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by killercane

Quote:

Quote:

Away again...

Back again...

You were surprised by this? :)
Only by the numbers, I already knew that creationists outnumber evolutionists in the US...