Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Darkness' House of Horrors (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Away (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2677)

Rik Meleet 10-06-2007 04:49

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by killercane

Quote:

Quote:

Away again...

This time from 31st May until 9th June, for a conference in Indianapolis. Let's just hope the weather is better this weekend then it was for the Indy 500...
Back again...
I saw a great lecture on intelligent design btw... [lol]

I also saw the friday edition of USA today at Dulles airport yesterday. The front page had a poll on it in which 39% of America claimed to be absolutely certain of creationism, whereas only 15% declared to be absolutely certain of evolution.... [eek]
You were surprised by this? :)
Only by the numbers, I already knew that creationists outnumber evolutionists in the US...
I'm a bit intrigued by this phenomenon of the wide-spread belief in creationism in the USA. Not to start a discussion on what is correct, evolution or creationism, (we have "the other forum" for that), but I do like to know why the USA is the only (or one of the few) countries where people rely more on faith than on science on this topic. In other words: I'd like to know:

Why is Creationism so mainstream followed in the USA?

Darkness 01-09-2007 10:00

I'll be on vacation from tomorrow morning until september 28th... :)

Darkness 28-09-2007 22:43

Back again.
Saw some seriously fantastic things:
- Herd of bison crossing Yellowstone river in Yellowstone NP
- Bid black bear on an asphalt road in Yellowstone NP
- Baby black bear in Sequoia NP
- Massive moose with a huge set of antlers in Grand Teton NP
- Some really amazing effects of erosion in Arches NP and Bryce Canyon NP

etcetera...

Unfortunately I also saw some things that were less fun...
- The amount of homeless/beggars on Market street in San Francisco is huge. A bit scary too late at night. Not all of them seemed "harmless" beggars to me.
- Some nasty mosquito's near the Salt lakes. My cousing got stung and the result was a 5 by 10 cm big plaque on her leg that lasted for three weeks.
- Apparently the immigration/customs officers in Atlanta didn't like me much. I got put into a seperate room for over an hour with a rather grumpy dude questioning me... And really stupid questions too...:
"Why don't you have a return ticked to fly back to the Netherlands?" "E-ticket? What's that?" Welcome to the 21st century idiot.
"Why don't you have any money on you?" Hello? Creditcard and ATM-card in empty wallet? Does that ring any bells?

Darkness 25-03-2008 22:24

Going away again...

4 days in Lisbon. Thursdaymorning until sundaynight. I just hope the weather there isn't as shitty as it is here in Rotterdam...

Matrix 25-03-2008 23:03

Have fun! The temperature is always good in Lisbon, but rain is always possible. [tongue] Hope you're lucky!