Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Forum Server Warning (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3939)

Shabbaman 29-12-2006 09:38

Woohoo! [spam2]

Darkness 29-12-2006 10:04

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

How big is this forum anyway?

In terms of spam storage...or whatever
You should have a better idea of that than most... You're one of the biggest spammers around... ;)

ProPain 29-12-2006 14:52

Why we were out?
C: partition of our HD was full, I checked the day before x-mas and all was cool, must have been during the last seconds of uptime. Was away during a few days (x-mas after all) so that's why I didnt notice.

Is our HD full?
Not at all, we have 60GB of free space to fill up. Sadly the ISP (who deserves the reknown fist-in-arse for this) has decided that a small C: partition should be enough for all system files. This c-partition filled up lately and that killed the site. Our D partition, which stores the sites themselves, still has heaps of free space. As far as I know you cant add additional space to a partition so basically we have to make due with what we have.

Will this occur again?
Can't garantuee it won't but for now I freed up half a GB so we should be ok for a long while, I'll try and remember to check the C space once in a while.

Shabbaman 29-12-2006 17:23

[punch]

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the primary partition gets full when you do nothing with it. I'd say the ISP tried to install some crap on it (like windows updates) or it's been infected.
It's possible to make the primary partition larger with partition magic. I don't know if that's possible through a remote desktop, and I wouldn't do it without making a backup.

Now, I'd take this opportunity to wish you all a merry christmas. A bit belated, but it's the thought that counts. Heh.

Socrates 29-12-2006 18:08

Or we could switch to a Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) system, with the vB software. [:p] I may not know what I'm talking about though (I mean, really).

IglooDude 29-12-2006 18:31

Assuming no one is actually websurfing from the server console, odds are good that the C-drive space is filling because of log files, which can be easily relocated to the D-drive partition. Or, a script can be scheduled to run daily that deletes anything older than x months old from the logfile folder.

Shabbaman 16-01-2007 22:33

So, I just saw the Plesk screen again. Major Malfunction and General Failure are visiting the ISP again, aren't they?

Beam 16-01-2007 23:26

Both the Major and the General deserve fist in arse.

Shabbaman 04-07-2007 08:13

I'm getting the "Internal Server Error" when I go to active users. Also, I can't upload files (for some time now actually). So, what's up? Time for... the fist? [punch]

Darkness 04-07-2007 08:34

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I'm getting the "Internal Server Error" when I go to active users. Also, I can't upload files (for some time now actually). So, what's up? Time for... the fist? [punch]
Don't know, but I'm seeing it sometimes too. Not all the time though...