Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Socralynnek's strange stories (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   ****SPOILER**** Pitboss - Rqfs (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5162)

socralynnek 07-08-2010 11:38

****SPOILER**** Pitboss - Rqfs

The game is called. "CDZ: Robi's quest for spoilers"

Here is mine.

These are the players:

Code:

socralynnek                Genghis Khan          Mongolia 
        Stapel                        Churchill            England       
        Furiey                        Boudica              Celtia       
        barbu1977                    Joao II              Portugal       
        SilentConfusion            Charlemagne        Holy Rome       
        Matriisi                      Cyrus                Persia       
        p-grahamiam              Pericles              Greece       
        Azza                          Augustus            Rome       
        BCLG100                    De Gaulle            France

Stay out

of here

if you are

one of them

or if you

are connected to them

until the game finishes.

socralynnek 07-08-2010 12:38

2 Attachment(s)
3440 BC

Have met everyone except 2 (it's a rather small map after all)

Have good production capabilities but rather bad for researching. So I guess, I should go to war rather soon (next players are like 10 tiles away)

Robi D 07-08-2010 13:27

Do you have someone in mind or are you still deciding?

socralynnek 08-08-2010 14:40

Furiey is a few tiles to the south, SilentConfusion has a holy city a fe tiles to the east. Still thinking of whether I should get a 3rd city first anyway. But I need a few turns til BW.

socralynnek 07-11-2010 00:59

4 Attachment(s)
225 BC: Declared war on Donovan Zoi (who took over for SilentConfusion)

I am too bad in gpt to just play on. As I was able to have a nice little army (see power ranking), I had to attack. Don't whether this was wise but as written above, it won't be better if I wait, especially as grahamiam, Furiey and donovan have just captured cities of Azza (or better: the AI that was former Azza)

Captured Vienna, but let's see what the counter attack has to offer.

socralynnek 15-11-2010 23:36

1 Attachment(s)
Game over for me? Much too early to say. Maybe my 26 units in Vienna will hold the city. But it looks like Furiey will declare war on me next turn. And I know that grahamiam also has some units running around. Against all three, I won't stand a chance.

socralynnek 22-12-2010 00:16

2 Attachment(s)
I was able to get 4 of Donovan's cites and advancing towards his capital (which I might have gotten), when Furiey and soon after Matrix declared war on me. So, game over soon for me...

If no one else would have attacked, then I guess, I would have been able to fight Donovan down, as I had much better production (although my tech rate was much too slow anyway)

Probably, I would have needed to be quicker, although I didn't even think, I'd be able to get 4 cities

socralynnek 15-02-2011 12:49

Game over since two weeks or so.

I think I have some screenshots lying around, need to check.

I was able to even retake two cities that Matrix captured and I think I gave these people a hard time...

In the end, I think I did fine in game, but should have cared more about diplomacy. Maybe if I invested some time there earlier, then I would have had someone joining me in some war. So, don't play Pitboss, if your time is just enough to do the turns...

Anyway, it was fun, as I never did that aggressive route with so many units before in a pitboss game.

barbu1977 01-06-2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by socralynnek (Post 130846)
So, don't play Pitboss, if your time is just enough to do the turns...

Touché!

Quote:

Originally Posted by socralynnek (Post 130846)
Anyway, it was fun, as I never did that aggressive route with so many units before in a pitboss game.

I'm was not aware you where the agressor on this one!

Thanks for the spoiler!