Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Civ V (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5198)

Shabbaman 25-09-2010 11:07

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

It would've been fitting if herr Killer opened this thread, but since he doesn't have civ5 I'll take the honors. To start it off:

Is there a downside like increased maintenance for more cities? I can't say I've encountered it so far.

Darkness 25-09-2010 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 129235)
It would've been fitting if herr Killer opened this thread, but since he doesn't have civ5 I'll take the honors. To start it off:

Is there a downside like increased maintenance for more cities? I can't say I've encountered it so far.

Less happyness. Happyness is counted globally now, and every city gives extra unhappyness (which you need to counter by getting more happyness sources (resources, buildings). But overall, I haven't had any unhappyness problems in the one game I played to about 1000 AD (9 cities total)...

Shabbaman 25-09-2010 15:19

I just got a unhappy face, so I build a circus.

Beorn 25-09-2010 17:40

Build cities to grab resources, ideally 1 lux 1 strategy each, and it should be roughly ok.

Shabbaman 26-09-2010 10:53

I'm running the game in windowed mode, because that increases alt-tabbing speed dramatically. In TF2 there's a -noborder command to get rid of the "window", which basically eliminates the difference between windowed and full screen modes (that is, as long as you have the same resolution in-game as your desktop). Anyone knows how to do this in civ5?

Darkness 26-09-2010 13:29

Some quick ones then:

Pact of cooperation - What does this do?

Pact of secrecy - What does this do?

Map trading? Not possible in Civ5?

How on earth do you guys keep your production in line with your research? I can not keep up. The lack of production in my cities is horrible while I can research quite fast (getting gunpowder in 600 AD for example)...

Furiey 26-09-2010 15:23

I haven't been able to find a pact of secrecy in the Civilopedia.

killercane 26-09-2010 16:34

Pact of Cooperation just helps foster a good relation with the AI.

Pact of Secrecy does the same as long as you dont actually trade with the target.

Aint no way to trade maps other than get unknown cities in peace agreements. Also if there are clouds over part of a trade route you dont get the connection until you uncover the blocked portion.

Beorn 27-09-2010 06:20

I think I broke my Config.ini - which makes this post a valid 'Newbie' Questions entry. IIRC I changed 2-3 things at once and can't seem to remember everything I did. It included disabling all sounds, which seemed to fix my crashing, but it also made me unable to promote any and all units - which sucks. Could anyone lend a ini? (if you skip the second i, and pronounce in french, it makes a lousy pun with hand) Thanks!

ProPain 27-09-2010 08:15

1 Attachment(s)
sure, just rename it to ini as .ini can't be uploaded