Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Front Page News (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Ask Sid (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4939)

ProPain 02-06-2009 21:35

Ask Sid

Sid wants our email

A new episode of ask Sid on www.firaxis.com. Seems mr Meier lost his mind as he's asking for us to send him emails and he's calling Civ4:Colonization 'a hit'. Personally I'd qualify the game as mind blowing.

The emails he needs to certify we'll really want a Civ5, apparently Firaxis wants to certify itself of enough sales before starting to program.

I'd say fire up your gmail and start typing :)

Shabbaman 03-06-2009 10:09

Civ4 is still on a lot of sales charts, I don't think take2 really doubts they'll be selling enough of civ5 to make boatloads of profit on it. But as far as civ5 is concerned: why bother? We'll be promised better AI, decent mechanics and no bugs, and we'll end up with civ4 (basically: civ3) with better graphics, a boatload of bugs and an idiot AI, plus dumbed down mechanics because the masses can't be bothered to micromanage [/rant]

As far as I'm concerned civ5 will be part of the col2 compensation plan.

ProPain 03-06-2009 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 123405)

As far as I'm concerned civ5 will be part of the col2 compensation plan.

I just don't get how you can say that, Col2 is such a great game. Even Sid says that. :D

Shabbaman 03-06-2009 11:49

He also said the AI would be better in col2.

ProPain 03-06-2009 13:43

Different, he meant different.

Shabbaman 03-06-2009 15:13

Oh yes, instead of an idiot AI we end up with an AI that's just "special"...

Socrates 03-06-2009 19:29

I can't seem to be bothered by a new Civ5. Already two years I have stopped playing Civ anyway.

Beam 03-06-2009 19:56

Will we see the same cycle as with III and IV?
- The first release is a beta in terms of game rules and balances
- Then the first expansion pack is a big fix, some extras and still with lots of issues.
- The second expansion pack is basically what the first release should be

But I can safely predict i'll be one of the first to start playing Civ V. :o :) ;)

ProPain 04-06-2009 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beam (Post 123418)
- Then the first expansion pack is a big fix, some extras and still with lots of issues.

But I can safely predict i'll be one of the first to start playing Civ V. :o :) ;)

I fear the same applies to me. I managed to postpone to buy warlords for a while though. But then I ended up on vacation somewhere in the Dutch sticks a few years ago and they had no internet. So I had to buy warlords to get a decent patch [:(!]

Stapel 04-06-2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beam (Post 123418)

I garee!

But I think we shouldn't complain that much. Are there other games where things are better?

Let's get real: The investment in CiV + WL + BtS is 120 euros. For that, you can play CiV for about 4 or 5 years, every day, every night, every hour, every minute, with others if you like. The alternative for that money is buying a bouquet of roses and a fancy meal for two, which might result in a good blowjob......, just once.