Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Hungry for more (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21885)

Matrix 08-10-2019 16:12

Hungry for more

The revival of the Civ4 pitboss seemed to be a success and some of us are interested in a rematch. So let's try and find some more people!

We were rather fortunate with the random world map, but it would be nicer if we could find someone willing to balance a new map when we start this game. If we have some newbies again, perhaps they should be given a better starting position. (Although a lecture in civving might be more appropriate.)

I was also thinking: if some prefer a pangaea while others prefer a remote location, perhaps we can tailor a map to meet everyone's desire? Not too sure how it will work out when we already know in advance what their geographical situation.

Another thing is deciding democratically on the option. I am strongly in favour of a no tech trading (boring and tedious diplomacy that leaves isolated players hopeless), but for the rest I don't really care. No city razing was not so popular, or should perhaps also be done in combination with no barbarians.

Players so far
Beorn
Matrix
Lt. 'Killer' M.
ProPain
socralynnek
BrunchTime
Stapel

Same thread on the other site

Beorn 08-10-2019 20:37

As an intermediate to city razing, we can agree to a rule between ourselves, such as not to raze player cities (would be my first pick) or cities large enough (like 'turn/40' and up are safe).

Tech trading IMO can stay off. If we allow it, I would like both a pangea (no one left behind) and no tech brokering (you can only sell what you research). That would enable yet mitigate tech alliances, and disable Robin-Hooding techs to everyone for scraps.

Either way, I vote for a pangea. And will play whatever the settings.

socralynnek 10-10-2019 19:03

I'd join again.

Although I would probably make the same mistakes again ;-)

I'd also vote for getting someone to balance the map.
Currently I don't mind the settings

Beorn 16-10-2019 02:39

I reached out to Whomp (says hi!) and Soul_Warrior (no response).

Any news from Stapel?

Matrix 16-10-2019 11:20

Stapel's in. :)

This week I got a friend staying over, so this kinda lost my attention. But I still have some old folks on my Steam friend list and Facebook. So I'll ask them as well. Melifluous, Darkness, Furiey... I see them playing games on Steam, which means they have time. [lol]

Stapel 16-10-2019 11:32

Yep, I'm in!

Shabbaman 16-10-2019 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix (Post 162087)
I see them playing games on Steam, which means they have time. [lol]

I'm not sure "Gems of war" is actually a game.

Stapel 18-10-2019 11:28

So? Now what?

Beorn 18-10-2019 15:38

We wait for a map (do we have an editor?) and for Matrix to press start.

Darkness 18-10-2019 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 162089)
I'm not sure "Gems of war" is actually a game.

I reckon that refers to me. And yes, it is actually a game... ;)

Like I told Matrix via Steam, thanks for the invite guys, but I'm going to have to decline. I haven't played any Civilization in years and I'm not really looking to start again.