Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aggie's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I end all my PBEM's (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277)

Aggie 11-01-2004 11:38

I end all my PBEM's

I have tried to like C3C, but the game just can't interest me anymore. Therefore I have decided to end all my PBEM's. This means that I don't have any urgents reasons to visit this site very often. I also will stop making maps, so please remove me from the Map Maker mod list.

I have a few ladder games running, please feel free to declare my opponents as the winner of those games.

I certainly will keep visiting this site, but I expect that CIV4 is needed to get me into the game again.

Thank you all for a great CIV year!

EDIT - more insight on my decision:

I already started to get bored with CIV3-PBEM last August. I then said that I hoped for a great C3C. In parts it certainly is a great game (seafaring trait, later map and communication trade). But in other parts I hate it (Temple of Zeus - Ivory gives an absurd advantage-, Scientific Leaders, etc...). I don't like C3C as multiplayer game.

This morning there was an -in itself innocent- event which triggered the question: "Do I really like it enough to continue ?". The answer was "No".

I will continue with Succesion Games, because I think that C3C is a good SP game.

ERIKK 11-01-2004 11:51

That is too bad aggie. What if we set up those standard rules and a new patch is delivered?
- no more annoying rules discussions
- no more corruption issues and (less) bugs ;)
You enjoyed our games very much, so you can enjoy new games too once we sorted everything out!

Stapel 11-01-2004 11:56

I am sure the CIV virus will get you again, either with a good patch or with CIV IV!

Beam 11-01-2004 13:13

That is really a pity Aggie, and quite a surprise after our powersession this morning.

Hope to see you back soon!

Aggie 11-01-2004 14:35

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

That is too bad aggie. What if we set up those standard rules and a new patch is delivered?
- no more annoying rules discussions
- no more corruption issues and (less) bugs ;)
You enjoyed our games very much, so you can enjoy new games too once we sorted everything out!
Those standard rules are a good thing, but it will not convince me to continue. I enjoyed our first two games very much, because they allowed me to learn a lot about the game. I need that to enjoy something. But I'm now at a point that I don't want to spend a lot of energy into perfecting my PBEM skills. At a certain point the turns would take me too much time and patience. I'm not that kind of player.

Lt. Killer M 11-01-2004 15:16

aggie, this is a pity - can't we finish our PBEM in the leasury style you know I adopt? Just play happy go lucky, no micromanaging, now shield counting, just fun?

Aggie 11-01-2004 15:21

Killer, it is not only that. It's just a part of why I decided to quit PBEM.

Lt. Killer M 11-01-2004 15:30

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Killer, it is not only that. It's just a part of why I decided to quit PBEM.
[cry][cry][cry][cry]

I hope to see you online once in a while though!

DrAlimentado 11-01-2004 15:36

[cry] Don't go!

You are a real credit to this community Aggie, your going will be our loss.

I hope you will still stop by and post here at any rate, it will be a real shame if you dissapear altogether.

Aggie 11-01-2004 15:43

I won't dissapear... I will be a non-PBEM playing visitor of the site.