Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hattrick forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Hattrick Quick Question and Answer Thread (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2269)

Melifluous 30-01-2005 23:43

Hattrick Quick Question and Answer Thread

OK as the name implies this should be a place for questions and answers about Hattrick Stuff.

Please do not spam (*suddenly has images of red rags and bulls)

First Question from me then.

What effect does losing a match have on your supporters depending solely on whether you played MOTS or PIC?

Melifluous

Schip 31-01-2005 11:31

none. That is it doesn't matter if you MOTSed or PICced. Your supporters won't notice the difference.

Melifluous 01-02-2005 02:39

OK thanks Schip.

I thought that maybe losing a MOTS had a worse effect on your supporters attitude and was wondering if PIC'ing a match would lessen that effect or maybe it would be as bad.

Next question.

Anyone got their matches for next season yet?

(and yes I realise that this will change soon and make the question invalid, but its bothering me)

Melifluous

Plux 01-02-2005 07:44

ehhh, yup:

Quote:

quote:Upcoming Matches
02-02-2005 (Cup):
Dom Ducks - Tieskie Orders [HT Live]
06-02-2005 (League):
Dom Ducks - winners paradise Orders
13-02-2005 (League):
F.C. Mania - Dom Ducks Orders
20-02-2005 (League):
Dom Ducks - Wutty's online Orders
27-02-2005 (League):
FLX FC - Dom Ducks Orders

English_brit 01-02-2005 12:25

Yep, my leagues fully updated now.

Shabbaman 01-02-2005 12:57

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
League fixtures are fixed on basis of league position. So if the league is on it's end, you can already figure out who you'll play when next season. The first round is the number 1 v.s. the number 2, the number 3 v.s. the number 4 and so on.

Dell19 01-02-2005 18:02

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
League fixtures are fixed on basis of league position. So if the league is on it's end, you can already figure out who you'll play when next season. The first round is the number 1 v.s. the number 2, the number 3 v.s. the number 4 and so on.
I don't really understand why they do that as to me it seems that it should be possible to change the fixture list easily.

Shabbaman 01-02-2005 18:31

Because this way they don't need to do any calculating for it.

Dell19 01-02-2005 18:39

But fixture lists are ridiculously easy to create. There are only 8 teams giving 14 matches. Even just moving the weeks around would be nice so that I didn't know in week 14 that if I lost my game I would have finished third and had an easier start to the league.

Shabbaman 01-02-2005 19:10

I didn't say it made sense, I just offered an explanation.

Dell19 02-02-2005 20:33

If the opposition has a much stronger midfield (poor) and a central defence that should be high passable but poor and weak everywhere else what would you do? Assuming that your team has the better attack and defenders with high stamina but no passing so counter attack will not work too well.

Shabbaman 02-02-2005 20:52

You haven't got passable attack, do you? If your attack is weaker than his defence and your mid is worse then his mid as well you have little chance. I've won v.s. superior numbers last season, but that was at home. 3-4-3 sometimes just is a miracle line up :)

Dell19 02-02-2005 21:28

Dell says: With 3 IMs and 1 Winger I can get passable(-), passable(--) and poor(+) with a wretched(+) midfield.

Yndy says: The difference between your teams is not that high, you can either play your normal tactic(above) or you can put the winger as well towards middle and play PiC. Your midfield will be a little lower but with some luck you'll get a draw and keep you TS up for future games.

The difference is not so high that you need to give up the game from the first minute, not even to be worth playing CA.

Moderator action: You can say I was [drunk] at the time of the moderating but you can also call it random display of Mod forces

Dell19 02-02-2005 22:25

The other idea. Should I just abandon the game and PIC and press?

socralynnek 03-02-2005 13:13

The other option is playing 5-2-3 PIC and play with counter-attack. You might have to gather your offensive players at one wing s.t. your attack rating is at least higher on one side.
But then you can also lose 10-0...The main thing is your defense must a lot stronger than his attack.

Dell19 03-02-2005 23:13

The defence would be inadequate in all three areas with + on the left where he is slightly stronger. I'm not really convinced that would be high enough to stop his attacks although I would welcome any follow up comments.

Kemal 04-02-2005 16:54

Hmm, what happened to Dell's comment...? Hit edit instead of quote yndy? ;)

Shabbaman 05-02-2005 13:12

How can you calculate whether you can pic or not?

Dell19 05-02-2005 13:34

HT Ratings can be used to calculate ratings pretty accurately if you adjust the settings after each game. I think I'm just going to treat this game as a loss and PIC it.

English_brit 05-02-2005 18:49

I just downloade HT Ratings to try it out. I'm having problems signing in due to my router most likely. The FAQ on the site just says to let your firewall know that HT Ratings is ok without actually specifying the port it needs open.

Any idea anyone and marks out of 10 for HT Ratings?

Thanks!!

Dell19 05-02-2005 19:07

Well it was close to being accurate for my last game and should give a reasonable indication of what influence changes will make to the team like whether a winger would contribute more when played offensively and how to boost the right attack. It always sticks on logging in after the bar almost completes but I can then download everything so it seems to work.

English_brit 05-02-2005 19:09

Ah. Mine does that but I assumed as it was sticking that it wouldn't work. I'll try it again. Ta. :)

English_brit 05-02-2005 19:18

It worked. Thanks. HT ratings and HO ratings disagree on my expected ratings for the game though. Dunno which one to trust more now. lol

Dell19 05-02-2005 19:38

No Problem, I thought I would start a new thread for any further discussions and to post a link to the guide for HT ratings.

yndy 07-02-2005 15:34

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Hmm, what happened to Dell's comment...? Hit edit instead of quote yndy? ;)
Holy shit I actually did that ! [blink]

I was just looking through this thread, wondering hey didn’t I say something sometime?

I apologize Dell, also to a and PP, I know we have only few rules and I just inadvertedly broke one. I must have been [drunk] or something.

At least I answered the question. [cyclops]

Melifluous 09-02-2005 03:55

hmm, nice one Yndy!

next question.

Do you try and buy players from your own country?

Melifluous

Kingreno 09-02-2005 10:39

That is easy: no.

I have never bought a player with his salary as an important factor.

Plux 09-02-2005 12:29

Well, I would only when two players are the same in all other relevant aspects.

Shabbaman 09-02-2005 12:30

Yes, I've bought a dutch keeper. His salary is almost double as much as the next one's. 20% saves me about 800 euros a week or so.

yndy 09-02-2005 16:29

Yes, there are so many players in the HT-world that many teams don’t have any nationals left in their squad. I actually liked the RL rules regarding limitation of foreign players. Now with the EU, you don’t have that in most of Europe.

Anyway, I want to have virtual Romanian players with names I can easily pronounce and actually remember. I now have 2 foreigners left, one will be sold in a month or so, the other will be promoted coach eventually and later replaced.

The salary advantage is now EUR 11k per week.

Kemal 10-02-2005 17:23

I was wondering, do you guys think it is worth to play only international friendlies with cup rules away from home instead of just the regular domestic friendlies, financially spoken?

I got 10K from ticket sales from the bootstoots game in the cdz cup, while I usually end up with only 1.5K from my usual friendly match, which means even after the 6K ticket cost I made a profit, not even taking into account the extra experience for the players an international match gives (okay only 0.1 points, but still...).

Has anyone got any experience with these kind of friendlies? Do they actually pay for themselves, when picking the right opponents (i.e. someone top of a league in the foreign country)?

Kingreno 10-02-2005 17:49

What I do is to go to some foreign land, click a region, click online users and challenge 20. In 95% of the times I will challenge them to come to my stadium! That way you do not get to pay 6000Euro in tickets and still get a very decent ammount of money. Just now, a Uruguayan team accepted for next wednesday.:)

Kemal 10-02-2005 17:58

Wow, I'm now flying to the States again next wednesday, another 6K in expenses for de Snaken...lets hope it is worth it.

I'll try luring them to the Snaken Arena as well then next time. :)

ProPain 10-02-2005 18:06

I also use KingReno's method. Works like a charm, usually you'll have a friendly set up in 10 mins max.

Dell19 10-02-2005 18:33

Some people are chasing flags so they will actually try to get away internationals.

akots 10-02-2005 22:48

A quick and probably stupid one: Does income from sponsors depend on number of supporters and state or supporters? Or only state of sponsors and performance in league and cup?

yndy 10-02-2005 22:57

@ akots: Yes for the first version. Home team and guest team number and mood of supporters matters.

@Kemal: I also use to challenge 20 teams for other countries to come to my arena. I challenge only online users with Supporter as they will see the challenge immediately. If I don't get a friendly in 10 minutes, I log off and log on in a coupel of hours. It's ussually done by then.

Playing away to a team in Division V or higher will pay for the trip. That's why I prefer to look in smaller countries.

Melifluous 06-03-2005 22:04

Next question.

What effect does playing a 'non-standard' line-up have on your training for that week?

Say if some daft bastard played 3-6-1 instead of a 4-5-1 [rolleyes]

Melifluous

yndy 06-03-2005 22:12

Training is lost if you play 4 players or more on the same position. For this purpose a wingback is different from a central defender and a winger is different from a midifielder. You have played with 4 midfielders so you will lose training.

You could have played 5-5-0 and not lost training with 3 central defenders and 3 midfielders.

OTOH you also lose training if you play 4-4-2 with 4 central defenders or 4 midfielders (through repositionings).

Bad luck, seen it happen to others as well :(

Melifluous 06-03-2005 22:25

It was a simple mistake.

Normally play a defender as midfield for a 3-5-2.
and then I'd play a forward as midfield for a 4-5-1.

Switching from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 I moved my forward to midfield but forgot to move the defender back to normal. [blush]
It happens and it sucked. Still only my reserves.