Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Interested in a civ league? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4926)

grahamiam 21-05-2009 03:17

I'm about as rusty as Romeo, but I'll try this out.

ProPain 26-05-2009 22:37

me very rusty but in for sure.

Robboo 27-05-2009 12:52

if you need another I am in . If you need a judge or record keeper i can help.

Robi D 28-05-2009 06:16

Sorry guys i've had some problems with my internet the last week or so but its sorted out now.

Anyway should get things rolling before it stalls.
So far expressions of interest have come from;

Robi
mauer
barbu
socralynnek
romeothemonk
BCLG
Matrix
grahamiam
ProPain
Robboo
Lt. Killer M

@Robboo its a league format so there is no limit on how many players, but if you would rather be a judge/record keeper thats fine too.

To all the above expressing interest or those yet to do so, i'd suggest use the coming weekend to practise with the setting and make a decision on your choice of leader and nation.

Then from Monday i'll find someone not playing who we can PM our choices too and get the matches started by the following weekend (june 6).

The deadline for finishing games will be the end of the year so there is plenty of time to arrange and play matches with everyone even if you have holidays and other stuff:).

1st place will win a free can of SPAM (plus postage and handling:p)

ProPain 28-05-2009 10:19

Sounds great.

I'm home alone on the 6th, so I can start a match right away and would love to do so. VOlunteers please report :)

As for prizes: I'm throwing in a 'CDZ, our spam is backed with nuclear weapons' coffee mug :)

Shabbaman 28-05-2009 10:34

WHAT!!!

I demand that coffee mug!!!1!!oneoneoneoneoneoneone!

If you could fix a front page quickly (something easy, dunno, with a picture of a coffee mug) we could grab some attention with this. I'm home this weekend, I could even help with it. Not that I'd be of much use though.

Lt. Killer M 28-05-2009 11:03

I'd love to take part, but I am afraid I can't really judge whether I will have the time.

How would you suggest abandoned matches should be scored?

ProPain 28-05-2009 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 123282)
WHAT!!!

I demand that coffee mug!!!1!!oneoneoneoneoneoneone!

If you could fix a front page quickly (something easy, dunno, with a picture of a coffee mug) we could grab some attention with this. I'm home this weekend, I could even help with it. Not that I'd be of much use though.

I'll try to give it a shot this weekend. I'd prefer to try and install VBadvanced as I've done that before. Will be friday night the ways things look now.

If you're online for moral support than that will earn you a mug. Special Mod Edition :D

BCLG100 28-05-2009 13:52

I'd say abandoned matches, if say have been played past a specific amount of turns- say 50 should be scored say 4 points (same as time victory) if over 10 turns but below 49 turns should be 3 points for the person who didn't abandon it (same as a draw).

However all that is dependent on what is going on, i do feel we should be able to concede whenever so we've got to note the difference between abandon and concede.

I don't mind posting my decision in the thread tbh, it's not like the traits are a secret :)

Lt. Killer M 28-05-2009 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCLG100 (Post 123285)
I'd say abandoned matches, if say have been played past a specific amount of turns- say 50 should be scored say 4 points (same as time victory) if over 10 turns but below 49 turns should be 3 points for the person who didn't abandon it (same as a draw).

However all that is dependent on what is going on, i do feel we should be able to concede whenever so we've got to note the difference between abandon and concede.

I don't mind posting my decision in the thread tbh, it's not like the traits are a secret :)

sounds good. I would not want to imbalance the scoring if family or work keep me from finishing games.