Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Whomp's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   *&%$--Spoiler for team Bears Civivor2--#@!* (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4066)

JerichoHill 26-02-2007 15:19

*&%$--Spoiler for team Bears Civivor2--#@!*

This thread is to be used by the members of C4 for planning purposes and strategic discussion for the Civivor 2 game.

Holla Shot Calla!

Beorn 26-02-2007 19:39

Checking in. If you could put a *spoiler* note in the title it'd make it doubleplusgood.

Whomp 26-02-2007 20:55

Sup fellas. I edited the OP title.

Beorn 26-02-2007 21:07

So, civ choices. I haven't played enough to tell really what traits aer ok, good and great, but I do know that celts and aztecs have horrid UU's. I like charismatic a lot, happy and unit promotion really is catchy. I hear agressive and financial are big too, and I'd assume organized, philosophical and spiritual to be just as nice. Protective and creative don't attract me, I'm not sure what to think of expansive and industrious.

JerichoHill 26-02-2007 21:12

Well, I figure we're going to be limited to 1 aggressive and 1 financial civ per team.

And well, with war galore, certain traits mean nothing.

So for War, I like Charismatic and Imperial. Protective is kinda the wrong idea here, since the best defense is a good offense.

Genghis Khan
Cyrus
( I really like Cyrus, in fact, I will test play him tonight)

JerichoHill 28-02-2007 15:32

Okay, I've test-played Cyrus. He's a great civ leader, very under-rated, but the UU of the immortal would be tough, because we would need horses. I'm not high on the UU.

I don't want to double up on traits either, unless its financial.

So the traits we have available are:

Charismatic
Protective
Imperialistic
Spiritual
Industrial
Financial
Creative
Organized
Expansive
Philosophical
Aggressive

So I can eliminate, right now, Spiritual, Philosophical, Creative. They really don't help with warmongering, right? Expansive ain't high on my list either. Protective helps for defense, but come on, we ain't defending!

Charismatic
Imperialistic
Industrial
Financial
Organized
Aggressive

Cyrus is Charismatic and Imperialistic (Early UU)
Ragnar is Aggressive and Financial, UU bonus could be handy (Mid UU).
Capac is Industrious and Financial, (Early UU)

Thoughts?

Beorn 28-02-2007 19:06

Such a shame they haven't released a civ for each pair of traits imo.

I think Capac with his quecha rush could turn the tides. Cyrus is a monster early. Ragnar does well on any map type. What about Toku and Mehmed?

Robboo 28-02-2007 19:27

ahh guys... your team name is wrong...

Team C4: Shane, Robboo, IglooDude

..... I did not read anything just went to reply after reading the first post.

Beorn 28-02-2007 19:28

[lol] Let's put the bears up in the title :D

Whomp 28-02-2007 19:38

I'm leaning on you guys because I am picking up the game this weekend.

Beorn 28-02-2007 20:08

That means it's all you JH, we do have faith.

JerichoHill 28-02-2007 22:33

Mehmed has a Gunpowder UU, and is expansive and organized.

Toko still has the samurai, but he gets the dreaded protective trait. Boo-urns. You can read up on it, but I don't know, i think that if we're defending in our cities we're losing, right? But Drill 1 and City Defense 1 is pretty powerful, and those come AUTOMATICALLY, without building a barracks.

So maybe I am changing my mind here. Having 1 of our Civs dedicated to defense, one to offense, and one to research?

So...Okay. I think Tokogawa is in. Good Suggestion. Cyrus and Capac as additions? We'll have good early units, and good protection.

Whomp 06-03-2007 16:08

Have we decided on our civs? I get my discs today so I'll mess around with them tonight.

Beorn 06-03-2007 18:03

So we have Capac, Cyrus, Ragnar, Mehmed and Toko as fore-runners so far? I'll volunteer for the defensive role, sometimes a good defence ... is a good defence. Another thing to consider is UB's; Capac and Ragnar have good ones, Toku's blows. We might want to replace him with Saladin: protective, middle age UU, can start with a run to a religion, good UB. This is the one I'd be.

JerichoHill 06-03-2007 21:38

okay, were replacing toko with saladin

BEORN : SALADIN
WHOMP : CAPAC
JHILL : RAGNAR

Beorn 02-04-2007 03:55

check your CFC PM box for the game IP
no password

I have a beyond awesome starting position. Yours 2 is somewhat different, one might say. I started on Meditation to snag us a religion, one of you (JHill IIRC) is near and could benefit from it. I am semi-coastal (didn't fog-gaze the coast and settled away from it by a tile) and my neighbor is coastal as well, with stones.

Waiting for you guys' input, I haven't played CIV in a while so however dumb it sounds, say it, and I'll take it kindly.

JerichoHill 03-04-2007 21:04

Yeah, sadly , map is being restarted. I will be on tonight about 8pm onwards eST, catch me on gmail at stephenpopick AT gmail DOT com

Whomp 04-04-2007 00:58

Are wer going for a war tech first or some religion?

Beorn 04-04-2007 02:03

we each go for one, right?

Whomp 04-04-2007 03:02

We can combine research as a team so if we want to speed through one we can.

JerichoHill 06-04-2007 19:00

id rather go warring...it depends on our start tiles...when the first one of us sees all three civs, then we can see what we need

i am eyeing mining/bronze working

Beorn 06-04-2007 20:19

I'm not sure I get how it works, but say we split 2/1 for a while, do you think we still have a shot at either of the 3 early religions?

Whomp 07-04-2007 04:34

B all three of us can research the same tech and it reduces the research speed. IE if it take 30 turns for one person it would take 10 turns for three. I'm thinking someone is going to straight for the religions.

Beorn 07-04-2007 06:17

Ok so we're not all 3 stuck on the same tech. I take it someone will triple up buddhism and get it, a bit less less likely is someone will go hinduism, but bronze location is important as well, probably much more. We're only 6 teams too, not 18, so i believe splitting up would be beneficial.

We have all starting techs short of mining, which is bad. I don't think we can afford to delay BW too much either.
How about our biggest researcher solo's hinduism while the 2 others go for BW, and when someone gets hindu (us or another) we all side together on BW? I'd gladly take our chances on grabbing a religion. Buddhism will be researched first on the double by a team, we should assume that. Getting that tech for missionaries can wait until later. Netting a religion early can't wait though, because once we are beaten to it we're done for.

After BW, we'll see what terrain tells us to do.

JerichoHill 09-04-2007 15:05

I really dont want to chance anything on a early religion. Lacking mining hurts us (sorry guys, bad of me to not see that.

What is the appeal of an early religion? Cultural expansion? We pop the fat cross anyways in our main cities, and we're going to be close together enough as is. AW reduces WW heavily, I believe.

We'll also want to take advantage of our UUs...Mine I think is the last, requiring machinery and civil service.

If we want to go religion, we'll have to triple up. Otherwise its a potential waste of time, and something I'm not thinking we should risk.

AH would be useful to find horses.
BW is useful to see about resources.
Eventually writing to COL to CS to get my stuff rolling.

Beorn 10-04-2007 00:23

If religions get researched on the triple by the other teams, it'll take either 8 or 15ish turns for them to complete both. That is time they waste on not getting bronze themselves. If a single researcher of our team "wastes" these turns on researching a tech we will need one day anyways, it takes away a third of those - 3 to 5 - turns of net research towards bronze. These research turns will be on stock for when we want them and it is a reasonable amount of turns risked, to me. If we do get a religion, we'll be at most delayed by 7 turns on bronze, 7 turns repayed by extra happys and culture for our cities. Culture matters not, but happys can do much if we don't find too many triple luxuries around.

Whomp 10-04-2007 01:05

Being able to peer into our enemies cities helps too but I doubt we'll be able to get missionaries in their cities.

JerichoHill 10-04-2007 14:43

not with AW

JerichoHill 16-04-2007 02:14

I am playing a test game with our 3 civs, using BetterAI, right now?

Beorn 16-04-2007 03:37

Forgive my frenchness, but what was the question mark for?

JerichoHill 16-04-2007 21:41

Uh, yeah, BEtterAI crashed about 100 turns in, but, mainly

We start together, duh
The map has CHOKE POINTS...we need to find these and control em.
Pretty much the civ in the middle becomes the research arm while the others do the heavy lifting, so to speak.

Religion gets founded ridiciously quickly. Tech pace will be highly accelerated. This is interesting because units get obsolete faster, so UU's won't be that valuable, honestly.

Beorn 23-04-2007 17:21

Started my end, settling next turn on a plain hills river, in range of pigs and FP's. Will have stone+wheat for 2nd city.

Whomp 23-04-2007 18:18

Did you get a birdseye view to see how close we are? When do you leave B?

JerichoHill 24-04-2007 03:20

Okay, I can see B's scout and settler. Whomp youre coastal to my north. I am wedged in the middle, which probably makes me commerce/resource bitch, which is good since my UU is later. you guys get to be warlike. =)

in my cross, 2 pigs, 2 fish
visible is a fish resource to my north. Very good start for the researcher. I am researching mining.

I will pop a goody hut next turn. Cross your fingers.

JerichoHill 24-04-2007 03:21

whompers, you have a very good food start too...i think we will be whipping alot. so thats why i went to mining first.

beorn, looks like you get to really be the fighter =)

Whomp 24-04-2007 03:29

Yep I starting with a quecha but will shift to clams once I get a minimal presence.
I joined you on mining.

I have 2 clams, fish and FP. That's whip central I'd think.

Beorn 24-04-2007 04:17

I leave this week-end. Same slightly nutty password. War sounds good to me. I am looking forward to massive cannon raider 3 warfare :D

I should only miss a couple dozen turns, so it shouldn't be a huge hassle on you guys. Otherwise I wouldn't have joined in the first place.

JerichoHill 24-04-2007 14:44

Yeah, basically these are the 3 weekends that are rough for me. Not that getting married and rebuilding a home aren't rough during this whole process, but those weekends I am gone. We dont know who our neighbors are, do we care? Do we want to explore or just turtle and let folks find others before they find us?

Whomp 24-04-2007 18:41

I think using scouts for mapping purposes but keeping our units close to home makes sense until we have overwhelming force.

JerichoHill 24-04-2007 20:15

Yeah, I will not back home tonight or tomorrow, so please move my scout. I dont think there's much to do, but get that goody hut.

=)

Work stuff