Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Considering starting a Pitboss (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4047)

mauer 21-02-2007 19:06

Considering starting a Pitboss

First off, I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I have two computers that can both run Civ 4, one better than the other. If I did do this, I'd probably need someone to explain as if I were a 5 year old, how to do this. Next week would probably be when I started trying to set it up, just posting here for feedback about possible demand for a game, and feedback on help setting it up.

IglooDude 21-02-2007 19:18

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by mauer

First off, I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I have two computers that can both run Civ 4, one better than the other. If I did do this, I'd probably need someone to explain as if I were a 5 year old, how to do this. Next week would probably be when I started trying to set it up, just posting here for feedback about possible demand for a game, and feedback on help setting it up.
I'd be happy to assist you in setting it up. I'd strongly caution against trying to get a custom start done, as the PBEM-to-pitboss conversion seems to result in substantial problems.

BCLG100 22-02-2007 00:30

Could you not try just designing a custom map with different civs placed on it or is that just the same as having a custom pbem?

edit- id play too :) is there anyway we could all start with two settlers? just so things can be kind of interesting from the get go?

Beorn 22-02-2007 00:39

By starting a pitboss, do you include finidng the opponents or is that booked already?

Robboo 22-02-2007 01:25

I would be up for it if you get it going. :)

BCLG100 22-02-2007 01:28

I think he means the whole mechanics behind it B, think that the roster is still open :)

mauer 22-02-2007 01:52

Right BC, roster is still open. The only thing stopping the actual game play is whether or not my wee little brain can figure out how to set it up. ID has helped me out with a couple of questions already.
I've got a paper I'm working on that is vital, and I'm helping someone one move this weekend. That's the only reason I said next week. Not sure about the parameters of the game, and I've never really bothered much with custom starts so I'd need assistance with that should we decide to go that way. I pretty much just hit the easy buttons all of the time, and when something breaks I call my lovely :D

Edit: Oh, and I've not advertised this game anywhere else. So it's pretty much you CDZ guys.

Robi D 22-02-2007 08:03

I'd be up for a game if you would have me ;)

Not that i know much about setting up a pitboss game but i do know having a static ip does help.

akots 22-02-2007 08:24

I have actually managed to figure out why I could not start PB. Now, I can and it seems that launching a game with a scenario file is not that difficult and there is no need for conversion from a PBEM save. All needed is to figure out how to write a correct scenario.

Darkness 22-02-2007 09:06

If you have a spot open, I'd like to play also... :)