Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Rule The World II (BTS) (full) (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4443)

Matrix 17-10-2007 19:37

Rule The World II (BTS) (full)

<s>Who'd like to join in a second game on the world map?</s>
This game is full!

I already did some heavy editing of the map we're currently using. Main changes so far: tundra area in Russia changed, more grassland in Africa, lots of mountains changed in hills (including the one separating North and South America, some in the Kaukasus, and some in eastern Africa), Bering passage and 'Greenland passage' available.

Biggest concern is Maya and Khmer: it's hard to give them a proper start. I think I'm forced to let the Maya start somewhere in Colombia, otherwise they're just too close to the Aztecs. And I'll have to rape reality to give Khmer a proper start.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...eTheWorld2.jpg
87.08*KB

[u]Players</u>
1. Matrix
2. akots
3. Beam
4. BCLG100
5. grahamiam
6. socralynnek
7. Robboo
8. Dandridge
9. Robi D
10. nitro1974
11. IanDC
12. Darkness
13. NHJ
14. killercane

But I think it's best to divide the civs randomly. And that players of the current Rule The World game do not play as the same civ.

Here is what I have so far. If you want to edit some yourself, please say so, so that I can upload the latest file first, otherwise we're doing twice the amount of work.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] RuleTheWorld2.5.zip
44.39KB

akots 17-10-2007 19:57

IMHO without looking at WBS:

1. You can split Rome into Spain (Portugal, France) + Germany.
2. Mongolia can be placed slightly to the west from its current location more closely to Altai.
3. It is quite possible to include Vikings. They have some room up north for 3 cities provided they are given strategic resources.
4. May be place England in Australia?

This means 17 civs total.

Beam 17-10-2007 19:58

Like we discussed list night imo we can solve the issue for the Khmer by replacing India with Persia. Australia is an option for a 14th player with either the Dutch (discovered it) or the English (colonized it). Imo this may be a better option than forcing 4 players in the Americas.

I'm also investigating to host the game on a 1GB, 1.7GHz laptop which is doing nothing else atm. Good machine but its graphics capabilities suck but afaik that isn't an issue for running a Pitboss. :)

Also investigated the option to allow any leader for a Civ and it seems it is very well possible in BtS. :)

Last but not least we discussed the required mods to the map in the current RtW Open Thread and there seems to be consensus on most of the following:

Quote:

quote: I can finally run BtS from Linux so I plan to start what I had in mind for a while and that's a nice Earthmap for a BTS Pitboss. I'd like to get feedback from my to be killed fellow opponents first so therefore a little threadjack.

Modding the current Earthmap including:
- Make all continents similarly habitable. So reduce large mountain, desert, tundra and jungle areas in size. That's Rockies, Andes, Himalaya, Amazon, Sahara, Congo, Kalahari, Middle East, Central Asia, SE Asia, Indonesia, Australia, Northern Polar region and some other areas.
- Balance resources in location and abundance giving all players similar chance of access to lux, health and main critical strategic resources.
- Enable early contact and trade between all continents. That's basically enabling coastal trade over the Bering Strait, North Atlantic and Central Atlantic.
- Be a bit more flexible in which Civs start where for European and Middle East civs of which there are a lot and and have a greater distance for civs that would start to close to each other (like Mongolia and China )

Imo the main things that need work to make an even better Pitboss Earth map. Anything else?

BCLG100 17-10-2007 20:03

if your going to be having more than one euro civ you need to edit in all the resources beam took out, theres only one source of everything which means if your not germany your pretty much screwed.

akots 17-10-2007 20:34

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BCLG100
... theres only one source of everything ...
[lol] Quite a phrase you have here. [lol] Indeed, there is everything, unfortunately with just only one source and obviously one source cannot be enough. [lol] BTW, you have 2 sugars and 2 wines there. Also, iirc, more than one oil, coal, and iron and also iirc more than one uranium.

grahamiam 17-10-2007 21:04

Is there room in the BTS version for new players?

Beam 17-10-2007 21:23

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Gram added :)

Guess current players are:
- Matrix
- akots
- Beam
- BCLG10square
- grahamiam

BCLG100 17-10-2007 21:34

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by akots

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BCLG100
... theres only one source of everything ...
[lol] Quite a phrase you have here. [lol] Indeed, there is everything, unfortunately with just only one source and obviously one source cannot be enough. [lol] BTW, you have 2 sugars and 2 wines there. Also, iirc, more than one oil, coal, and iron and also iirc more than one uranium.
You got the jist :p i don't have nearly as many resources as robi does!

socralynnek 17-10-2007 22:44

I am interested as well...

Beam 17-10-2007 23:06

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Beam

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Gram added :)

Guess current players are:
- Matrix
- akots
- Beam
- BCLG10square
- grahamiam
- ynnek