Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Whomp's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Trash talking time.... (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3160)

BCLG100 11-11-2006 15:11

who says 'good luck' in a trash talking thread and means it!!!!

Whomp 11-11-2006 20:12

I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.

Darkness 12-11-2006 09:37

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.
[lol]

Zarn just basically has blinders on when it comes to his beloved cowgirls...:D

Darkness 13-11-2006 09:12

Hey Whomp: We're both winning this week! :D

Whomp 13-11-2006 15:32

Good work Darkness! Yesterday was insane both fantasy wise and upset wise.

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool, another took New England and the last person took Denver. I hedged Jacksonville by betting Houston straight up (odds) and later bet the 2nd half of the Denver game so I didn't win the pool but ended up making out ok.

Darkness 13-11-2006 15:59

Quote:

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool
Why????[???]

Houston owns Jacksonville! The Texans are 6-4 all time against the Jaguars and 15-48 against the rest of the league...

I probably would've taken Denver, but with Plummer throwing 3 picks and an overall mediocre game for the Broncos it was actually a lot closer than I had expected.

Indeed a pretty strange week. Big upsets by Cleveland, NY Jets, San Francisco and Miami. Almost upsets by Buffalo, Tennessee and St. Louis. A huge score-fest with Cincinnati falling to San Diego 41-49...

I'm just happy that Marc Bulger picked this week to have a bad game (fantasy-wise that is, because I always want the Rams to win)... Most of the time Bulger gives me about 20-25 points. Now I got 7.

Whomp 13-11-2006 16:33

I know...sadness. However, Houston hadn't won on the road since 2004. Jacksonville receivers must've dropped 10 passes of which 4 were deflected and intercepted. I ended up making out ok though because Houston was a 10 1/2 point underdog and they were paying 3.5x to win straight up. The other person took NE so we were both done unless Oakland beat Denver.

Oakland was winning 13-7 at half so I added to that by betting Denver for the 2nd half. They were 7 point favorites for the half so the only way I could lose is if they pushed by winning by 1 point. If Denver lost we're all still alive. They more than covered the 7 so she won the pool but I at least made some coin on my original $20 proposition.

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.

Darkness 13-11-2006 16:43

Quote:

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.
Me too. I already knew LT was good, but Rivers impressed me a lot. San Diego really knows how to develop QBs. First Drew Brees, now Philip Rivers. Who knows how Charlie Whitehurst will turn out? :)

Darkness 20-11-2006 13:00

Unless Maurice Jones-Drew scores 45+ points tonight I will lose to the Psycho Bunnies... :(
And to top that off: My first round draft pick, LaMont Jordan, is likely out for the season with a knee injury. He was on the bench anyway... [rolleyes]

Whomp needs about 45 points from Plaxico Burress and the Jacksonville defense. Also not very likely to happen...

Not a good week.

Whomp 20-11-2006 15:47

Dang. I thought I was having a reasonable week but once again LT decided to take the game in his own hands. RaMo is absolutely pathetic and that was with Brooks not Walter.