Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   anarres' forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hello :) (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2)

anarres 11-03-2003 02:36

Hello :)

It turns out that if you need to post at least 1 thread in a forum, so here it is.

This game is without a doubt the most fun game I've ever played on a PC. Playing against humans is infinitely better than playing an AI, and I intend to keep playing the PBEMs for a long time to come (i.e. until Civ4 comes out ;))

col 11-03-2003 09:10

Its been an awesome game to follow. When I set up the start positions, I envisaged the choke point being a dividing line. Having watched your struggle from early survival through to the domination of the western half, I must say its been one of the best games of civ to follow. Both of you have played brilliantly and the climax of the game is still to come. The win is still in doubt and I wouldnt like to call this one.

ProPain 11-03-2003 09:29

What a great idea to have a forum, how did you come up with that??:D

Love your game against ERIKK. I'm still in awe seeing how you pulled off that first war! My guess is you'll win this game because usually the player with the smallest territory will draw the shortest straw.

And please make a lot of screenies if/when you guys go to war!

anarres 11-03-2003 13:35

I have to say that this was not only the most fun game to play, but the most scary as well.

I must have really pissed ERIKK off early on when I got the Japanese to declare war on him. I was hoping that the Japanese were close to him, and since it took all of my money to get them to declare on ERIKK, I hoped that he would not be able to afford to send both my neighbours to attack.

Unfortunatly I was wrong on both counts. :lol:

Regarding the outcome, I expect ERIKK to go for a SpaceRace win now that the Ottomans are dead (or they will be next turn - 252). I have started a new thread for my own strategy discussions.

Melifluous 11-03-2003 13:44

Hmm hey guys,

What really surprised me was why ERIKK didnt attack you whilst you were in the middle of your war against the Ottomans...

Any ideas anarres?

Melifluous

anarres 11-03-2003 13:59

We had a peace treaty until 245. On turn 242 we extended it to 265, the only condition was that we didn't attack each other.

Maybe ERIKK should have not agreed to it, but I trusted him not to take advantage once it was agreed. :)

col 11-03-2003 14:02

I'll bet you wouldnt have trusted Mel or I to keep it. I think Erikk places 'honour' above petty consderations like winning the game....

It seemed to me that there was a window of opportunity there, treaty or not. The only reason for not jumping you would be if Erikk felt that it would damage his space race chances. A UN vote might be interesting too!

anarres 11-03-2003 14:06

ERIKK would win a UN vote, but the Ottomans are dead next turn, so that is out of the question now. :)

If ERIKK had attacked me his rep would be shot. The next game we played would be very different if he could not be trusted. In the same vein, I have never broken a treaty either, and I don't intend to unless it really was my only chance of winning.

col 11-03-2003 14:13

Yeah - but now his rep might be one of 'choker'. You can safely turn your back as long as you have an agreement.

In my view, his rep would NOT be shot if he'd attacked you. He would be making a strategic decision. Er - maybe I've had this discussion before in another place .....

Melifluous 11-03-2003 15:00

And I still agree with you Col ;)

Melifluous