Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ikariam (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Questions and hopefully quick answers (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4613)

smalltalk 25-04-2008 01:36

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by CrossVain... are you all interested in joining our clan.....
Well, my idea about this game is that you need friends, not necessarily formal allies. Having a high score is nice, but it's not everything.

Quote:

quote:we just may require you to move into our island chain though :(
That's nonsense, quite frankly.

If that's your idea of an alliance - I'm out.

CrossVain 25-04-2008 01:58

High score is not everything I agree..... but that little alliance tag below your name scares people
which is quite useful in the beginning

And it is in no way nonsense to want our alliance to stick close together as a matter of fact it is ideal

Also let me rephrase I did not mean "Require" more so I recommend taking the time and the score decline to relocate in turns making it better in the long run for the whole alliance

If you feel you need to leave... so be it I dont hold grudges or anything... as long as you still donate to the mills :D

smalltalk 25-04-2008 10:38

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by CrossVain
Also let me rephrase I did not mean "Require" more so I recommend taking the time and the score decline to relocate in turns making it better in the long run for the whole alliance
OK, makes sense.

Quote:

quote:... as long as you still donate to the mills :D
For sure. Best donator again on the marble island. [:P]

Matrix 25-04-2008 12:18

Thanks for the 'starter kit', smalltalk. :D

For now I'd like to remain independent, at least until I really grasp the game mechanics. But you do got yourself a friend. ;)

smalltalk 25-04-2008 18:11

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

For now I'd like to remain independent, at least until I really grasp the game mechanics. But you do got yourself a friend. ;)
Well, let me try to bribe you to hop over with the shipment of the necessary wood to build palace and colony.

I mean, I'll give you a bump whether you hop over or not. ;) But I think in your special case it might make sense to abandon your colony.

Because you came out on a sulphur island, which is the worst, I think. Cheapest resource in the game. You will have to buy anything you need for expanding. Unless you go all military and farm your neighbors to get your supplies. :D

In short: found a colony as soon as possible. Whether it's local or over at our coords.

CrossVain 25-04-2008 18:24

Quote:

Well pretty much the sole reason of me asking if you wanted to join the clan is just so we can go on the alliance chat board

which as long as you are not a spy.... (looks around the room suspiciously) we can do anyway lol

Matrix 25-04-2008 18:27

Ok, thanks for the advice. By the way, the resources you sent me - I think they're gone, since I don't have the 'wealth' technology. [rolleyes]

smalltalk 25-04-2008 19:42

Quote:

...the resources you sent me - I think they're gone, since I don't have the 'wealth' technology. [rolleyes]
Capitol starts with 50 of each resource. You just can't see those now. So I think it's ok. Do you see the wood?

BTW, here's the tech tree. It's ridiculously large, but still better than the online help, I think.

http://212.227.42.12/extern/pics/ikariam_techtree.gif

Matrix 25-04-2008 20:34

You're right. Now that I have 'wealth' I got your other resources too. :)

CrossVain 25-04-2008 23:49

I recommend that you stay in economy, until wine press, and then switch to science.
and then, once you get to paper in science, I recommend going into sea faring until expansion.

Oh, and be careful because I think, I remember reading a rule, something like, if you send a shipment to someone and they don't send a shipment back, you can get banned or temp ban, not positive though.