Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What's the use of this forum? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57)

Matrix 13-03-2003 22:33

What's the use of this forum?

Quite a mean question to begin with, but I don't think it's a good idea to split the discussions about PBEM's into two forums. Personally...I think this forum should disappear.

But if you all insist, I suggest to create subforums for each PBEM instead of for each player. This way we can have different topics for every PBEM. Now we have to keep switching to all the different players.

WildFire 13-03-2003 22:39

Nice signature...

I think its a good idea because hopefully the moderators wont be too strict ;) and its basically nice for discussion where as stuff that was typed here would probably somehow be viewed as spam at CFC.

ERIKK 13-03-2003 22:47

This forum is for people to discuss their PBEM's where they all have their own threads in which the opponent cannot look.

It was for PBEM only ;)

anarres 13-03-2003 22:51

Matrix,

Your idea about dividing the forums is worth thinking about. This wasn't really planned so it doesn't have any theory behind the layout.

If the people decide they don't want it they are welcome to leave and I can delete their threads so they can be reposted on CFC. I am sorry you don't think it was a good idea.

Melifluous 14-03-2003 11:09

Also this forum isn't moderated so we can say what we like here...

Matrix stop being such a fucking arse...
I really fucking hate the way you always bang on about how things should be done. You are sometimes right and you are sometimes wrong.
I would like to know who died and made you the fucking god of all things PBEM related...?
Stop being a twat, offer suggestions and stick to PLAYING civ instead of trying to moderate everything that happens to do with it.

Apart from that I really do like the games we play and some of your comments...

Welcome to Anarres' PBEM Forum [:p]

Shabbaman 14-03-2003 12:04

"A fucking arse"?

Now, I've seen some pretty sick pictures of animals in zoology class, but I can't imagine anything like that. Could you describe it for me please?

col 14-03-2003 12:44

My, my. Melifluous isnt living up to his name today.

Who's mod of this forum? How do I report gratuitous use of 'fucking arse', 'fucking hate', 'fucking god', and 'twat'.

Melifluous 14-03-2003 12:49

Bleh sanctimonious old fart ;)

Melifluous

anarres 14-03-2003 13:23

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by col

My, my. Melifluous isnt living up to his name today.

Who's mod of this forum? How do I report gratuitous use of 'fucking arse', 'fucking hate', 'fucking god', and 'twat'.
I am the mod here, although I don't tell peole how to behave. Only if posts are interfering with normal site use will they be changed or a user banned, but I hope this doesn't happen soon.

Like all things in life you just need to accept people express themselves in different ways.

Note that I am not agreeing or disagreeing with Mel's viewpoint, I am just stating site policy. In fact, I believe I already stated my views on the matter. :)

Lt. Killer M 14-03-2003 14:58

Matrix: if we post on CFC, there is a pretty high risk of some newbie spilling 'confidential' spoiler info somewhere. Also, here, we each mod our own threads on our own games.

Not splitting PBEMs for players is a neat idea, but I have come up wiht a good way to deal with it: for each game there are three threads: one is open, the two others are private *spoilers*, not accessible for the opponent. And each player is mod for his own spoiler.