Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Succession Games Open Forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   looking for participants for a SG (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3552)

ProPain 11-06-2006 09:53

looking for participants for a SG

Talked with Kemal last week, he was up for a succesion game. After fiddling around a bit in Civ4 I'd like to play one as well: I usually play much more concentrated in SG than in SP and I wanna see all you experts at work: so I expect to learn 2 ways here.

Anyone up for a game?

confirmed Participants:
- Kemal
- BCLG100 (but might skip a few turns the 1st weeks
- Grahamian
- grs
- ProPain
- Furiey
- Beam
- Shabbaman

confirmed lurker
- Whomp

Suggested Settings
- emperor
- standard map
- continents
- 7 opponents,
- random leader (that's what civ? PP)
- standard speed
- no predetermined victory conditions.

Play order: I suggest we use the order in which people applied as it's as good as any. One exception though, I was in first place so I moved myself up a few places as my Civ4 experience is low and I dont wanna screw up the game from the start.

Shabbaman 11-06-2006 10:13

I'm currently playing the SGOTM, that takes enough of my time. And I'm no expert ;)

BCLG100 11-06-2006 12:05

im no expert but i might be able to play in a couple of weeks after exams.

Whomp 11-06-2006 15:35

Propain I would love to play but am overwhelmed right now. Maybe you could leave one open slot for the lurkers.

grahamiam 11-06-2006 17:19

i can play. one of my sg's is about to end (Mutineer's No Cottages, Monarch, Louis XIV, Viva de France ) so I should have time for another

grs 12-06-2006 09:04

I would like to play too.

Furiey 12-06-2006 10:10

I'm no expert but I would like to play, I'm playing SGOTM01, but have been thinking of getting involved in another succession game.

Kemal 12-06-2006 13:53

What kind of difficulty would you guys be comfortable at? Getting a good challenge is key to learning fast I think, during the discussion with PP the Sid-SG we played (and lost) got a mention as well and it was loads of fun plus I think a good learning experience.

Since imo civ4 difficulty levels are much more difficult than civ3's, I'd like to suggest playing emperor and see how far we can get, though I do not know what kind of level you people would prefer. Immortal is possible too though the chance we'd lose is a lot higher, with random conditions.

My own favourite conditions would be large map/continents/7 opponents, but will go along with the wishes of the majority of course.

Looking forward to playing a SG again. :)

BCLG100 12-06-2006 13:57

gotta say id prefer a standard map just because my PC runs so very slowly the bigger maps. Im normally a Prince player so whatever level im gonna be badgering you all what to do :D Emporer would be a challenge but ill give anything a go :)

Are we going to have any special conditions or is it a just win game?

Are we going with a random civ or are we going to pick one?

grahamiam 12-06-2006 14:06

emperor is fine with me and we should just choose a random leader