Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Civ4 revival #3? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21904)

Matrix 26-06-2020 01:09

Civ4 revival #3?

I enjoyed the last two games a lot! So now I'm wondering about a third game. I'd definitely like to do it again, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I'm not sure how many players we'd be able to find this time. We scared off my Finnish friends, who either didn't know the game so well or were hoping to play SimCity in a different context. And something tells me this was a one time back-to-the-old-glory thing for Stapel and ProPain. We'll never see BrunchTime ever again either.

So my suggestion would be that we hereby announce another game...to be started in September. Summer is not a good time for gaming, but this will also give us plenty of time to find more players. I'll put up the same announcement on the other site and then we'll see if we have enough.

Who's in? [guns]

Beorn 26-06-2020 03:34

I'm perfectly willing to play the punching bag on a pangea where you guys can reap some retribution for the last 2. And/or to take the time to build a properly balanced map.

Beam 27-06-2020 13:58

+1

Provided I manage to get it installed. Does it run on Win 10? And I'll need some time to learn how to play it but with a game starting in september that should not be a problem.

Lt. Killer M 29-06-2020 00:19

well, after that most ignominious last game I am sure willing to spend some [estwing] time!

socralynnek 29-06-2020 00:55

I am unsure. September is far enough away, but time was quite limited since mid of march for playing...

Beorn 30-09-2020 18:24

Back to stay-at-home here for the 2nd wave. All the time in the world. Want a map?

And Beam, since no one answered: it works fine on Win10

Lt. Killer M 01-10-2020 07:27

I'm game!

Matrix 01-10-2020 19:38

Heh, I guess I better start another then. ;)

I can ask Jeke again to make another map. I've already explained to him that Killer's start last time was not exactly promising, so that should be avoided!

Since last time, I've got a new PC and have been too lazy to sell or give away the old one, so that can be the server now. Port forwarding is not really an option anymore though, so I suggest we use a virtual VPN this time. ZeroTier is an excellent option for this; very light, hardly any lag (if at all), and quite user friendly.

I'll make a thread on the other site as well. Let's give it two weeks and start on Sunday 18 November.

So who's in? Killer, Beorn, Beam, me... Socralynnek?

Beorn 01-10-2020 23:49

Whatever works! Could I access a virtual VPN'd game from another VPN (I got Nord) or is it a shared connection through a specific VPN kindof deal?

Either way, looking forward to skipping an entire month and starting this game in November, in 2 weeks.

socralynnek 02-10-2020 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beorn (Post 162385)
Whatever works! Could I access a virtual VPN'd game from another VPN (I got Nord) or is it a shared connection through a specific VPN kindof deal?

Either way, looking forward to skipping an entire month and starting this game in November, in 2 weeks.

This 2020 already feels like it had a few months extra...will it ever end? On the other hand, time flies and so much not enough time for...
whatever.

I'll think about whether I can commit myself to play another one, not sure yet.