Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sir Eric's Battleground (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   *SPOILER* Sir Eric Vs Digger760 (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894)

Sir Eric 24-09-2003 15:08

*SPOILER* Sir Eric Vs Digger760

This is a revenge game.
Digger kicked my arse in an online game about a month ago so I'm out for some sweet revenge[evil]
Diggers Island is quite small in comparison to mine and it is mostly forests, from what he has said.
There is only one way that he can acces my much larger island and that is through a narrow stait.
I plan to block that stait with galleys so that he cant get to my island, whilst building up an army to go and attack his island and have my REVENGE!!

[img]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up..._SErevenge.png
716.47KB [/img]

Lt. Killer M 24-09-2003 15:17

good luck!

Sir Eric 24-09-2003 15:33

Well there goes that idea!!
Digger just built the bloody Great Lighthouse[aargh][aargh][aargh][cry][saiyan]

ProPain 16-10-2003 13:14

Still blockin the strait will prevent him from landing his troops in 1 turn from his home island. That will give you a chance to hit his transports and sink em with units still in it.

Sir Eric 21-10-2003 22:08

Yes he now has a galley sitting there so I guess he figure that as well. No matter I have put a couple around his. I have just captured the Persian capital and got iron so I will be making lts of swords then it's REVENGE!!

Sir Eric 02-12-2003 14:23

It is now the year 990ad. Digger has no access to saltpeter so he has decided to attack the romans which have 2x saltpeter on the other larger continent.
I just declared war on DIgger to get the Iroquios, which are the main force on that island, to join me in an alliance to stop him from getting the saltpeter. It cost me 164 Gold, WM and 4 gpt but they are now at war with France, and India the other civ on that cont joined in for my WM. Now he is at war with all the civs on the big cont.

I am currently 1 tech ahead of Digger. I get Metallurgy in 4 turns then Mil trad then over to his island I go for some warring...... well thats the plan anyway, I just hope this one turns out a bit better then my one with Aggie.

Image removed. It was too bloody big.

Lt. Killer M 02-12-2003 14:29

nice!
sneaky!
[:d]

anarres 02-12-2003 14:52

One peice of advice: You are better giving gpt when making an MA against a human, since they are likely to make peace in 6 turns.

Sir Eric 02-12-2003 20:08

Thanks Anarres I'll remember that for next time. Digger has already made peace with the Romans but that is of little consequence as it is the Iroquios that he really needs to worry about.

btw: The inspiration for this little manouver comes from Killer. He did a similar thing to me in a game we played about a month ago and it utterly destroyed me.

Sir Eric 07-07-2004 11:41

Update.

Well things were plodding along nicely. Digger had taken over all the Roman territories and I had invaded the big continent and invaded the Indian territories after dispersing of the Persians on my Island.
Digger had a nice hold on the mainland and I had 5 cities that I was re-culturing to the ways of the Ottomans.

Then disaster strung.....
Digger sneak attacked me on the main island.
He landed troops near Calcutta and took it.
I retaliated by sending my troops south to attack Delhi, which is that pile of rubble near my stack of Sipahi.
Whilst I was in the south attacking Delhi, the bloody Iroqious attacked me and took Bombay.
Next turn Digger abandonded Delhi, loosing the pyramids in the process and the Iroquious took 2 more cities, Cattaraugus and Lahore.
Meanwhile my troops are down south resting after there big fight and cant return to defend my last city Karachi.
In the meantime I send a caravel to Diggers island but he has units on ALL the coastal squares so that I cant land any units.
He also has lots of Ironclads so that I cant get re-inforcements to the mainland.

So now my troops are isolated on the mainland with no way of getting help to them.

[img][img]

hmmm. I cant load the jpeg, I'll try again later.