Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   grahamiam's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   *** Spoiler *** The Rowing Muppets (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2972)

grahamiam 08-09-2005 17:58

*** Spoiler *** The Rowing Muppets

If you are a memember of the Bearded Cows or the Red Nosed Orcas, please look the other way!

grahamiam 08-09-2005 18:04

Civ discussion:
1 of our civ's must be the Iroquois. However, I don't think both of them need to be them.
Other AA UU civ's of interest:
Persians
Greeks
Romans
Egyptians
Celts, Sumerians (if 2 AGR civ's are allowed)

Probably others

Tubby Rower 08-09-2005 21:33

Persians would be my choice out of the non-ag civs due to SCI & IND trait. If we are close together Iro could "borrow" a worker or two.

if 2 ags are allowed 2 Iroquois it is.

I don't care which I play. So once you decide on your choice send Rik my choice as the other civ.

grahamiam 08-09-2005 22:00

ok, Persians sound good. That'll be speed + brute force, no need ever be on the defensive [lol] Plus, we'll get a free tech into the IA (if it makes it that far).

Now, we should decide on research priorities. Since neither of us will start with Pottery, the Persians should research it while the Iro go full speed for Philosophy.

Tubby Rower 09-09-2005 03:31

10-4 good buddy..

Who's who? I really don't care. Are you going to send Rik the civs or do you want me to?

grahamiam 09-09-2005 06:25

I'll play Iro and you can play Persians. I'm playing Persians vs Akots and that's enough for now :)

Tubby Rower 10-09-2005 04:25

I sent our civ choices to bed_head.

grahamiam 10-09-2005 05:40

thanks TR :)

I saw your comment about not ever playing regicide. basically, you get a king unit. once it dies, you die. therefore, use it wisely ;) early on, it is a very helpful explorer (probably why Rik and mistfit wanted to change the rule), so send it out, but not too far, just enough to know the surroundings and to find each other. and don't use it to pop huts!

also, when you get the save, send me your opening tech's as "accepted" in the F4 screen (if you can, may not be able to because I probably won't have a city if I go 2nd). I will then send mine in the same deal.

is this your 1st pbem?

Tubby Rower 10-09-2005 21:46

yes solo. I'm playing the MTDG on CFC so I know a few of the quirks... But if something is important for me to know, Please tell me. I don't mind looking like a fool. I'd rather win than keep my dignity ;)

grahamiam 11-09-2005 17:47

that's ok, here's a quick item list that Killer gave me in my 1st pbem.

Quote:

quote:Remember to ALWAYS quit any game you play to the
main screen (CTRL-SHIFT-Q), THEN load the PBEM -
otehrwise you will be able to load the wrong saves
AND be able to continue playing with MY civ! :eek:
bad bad bug, but Firaxis deemed it unworthy of
fixing :(

Aside from that, there is one hgue bug: worker
actions finish at the END of your turn, not the
beginning of the next. Thus, 'will be done in 2
turns' actually means it will be done RIGHT AFTER
YOU END YOUR TURN! The next turn the worker has
used up its move and just stands there. This can
be important for luxury connection and chopping
wood.

Also, a worker that is busy cannot be activated
and moved in the same turn! Watch out for AI units
out to grab your workers!

Alright, that's it for now, if I remember anything
important I'll tell you.
also, remember to end your turn by hitting the spacebar. you will then be prompted to enter the name of the save (just keep the same convention, but change the letter from a to b or whatever).

we will hopefully be using Matrix's turntracker. so we'll need to upload the save there. once it starts, I'll take screenies to show you how (it's very easy).