Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling Champion (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Season 2 (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3752)

Shabbaman 05-10-2006 07:46

Season 2

And we just start with the same kind of crap results as last season. Clearly, we get another season of 7 Colly's team riders in the top 10. If anyone defines that as fun, let me know and I could try to appreciate this.

So what happened? The first group got a lead of 13 minutes, which is quite a lot. Since I gave orders to control from 110 km to the finish, I'd say the attack has to be before that. Somehow I doubt that. I tried a pretty early late escape (sounds weird) myself, at 30 kilometers or something. At least you'd expect a pursuit group.
It'd be interesting to hear what Aggie did, he has 3 riders in the first group as well.

Oh, sprinting still is crap.

I think I'll log in again after the 11th of november, when the new season starts and the new engine is hopefully finally finished.

Aggie 05-10-2006 08:33

I set my strategy to final sprint and appointent a crap rider as leader. The three captains ended in the first group.

I have decided to be patient and I will await season 3, which really should be the one with a proper engine.

PS my now 10 wheel sprint rider ended last in the final sprint!!!!!!

Kingreno 05-10-2006 11:55

My 8 wheel climber got very close again in winning the mass sprint though! Of course his zero wheels in sprint help a lot there...

Shabbaman 05-10-2006 13:06

Wait.

You set your strategy to final sprint and your guys escape? The only explanation I could come up with is that you've set your team to control the race very early. Am I right?

Perhaps we should just all set the same tactic next time.

Socrates 05-10-2006 13:34

I set my best sprinter as team leader, and chose the sprint strat. He ended very close to the last place, not in the first group, while my 3 captains (also good sprinters) ended in the first group. [crazyeye]

And if anyone can answer some questions in the thread I started, that'd be very cool, as I feel a bit lost in this game, ie. I'm not sure of what I'm doing.

Aggie 05-10-2006 14:12

None of us knows what they are doing. The engine needs tweaking...

Aggie 05-10-2006 14:14

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Wait.

You set your strategy to final sprint and your guys escape? The only explanation I could come up with is that you've set your team to control the race very early. Am I right?

Perhaps we should just all set the same tactic next time.
I believe that I wanted to control the race from 50 k of the finish. Not sure of that though.

Shabbaman 05-10-2006 14:23

Then it really doesn't make sense at all.

Tubby Rower 05-10-2006 14:57

That's the main reason why I haven't logged on in quite a while.

Robboo 05-10-2006 16:29

Well I am doign good...

here is my tactics...late escape. I find a killer climb at the end, guess halfway point of climb and thats where i put to start the thats teh middle value for the three input boxes. The early box(setup i think) is 5 or less KM before that mid point adn teh bottom box is 5 or less KM more from the mid point. I find if you make teh effort to control and launch the attack narrow you end up with a tighter grouping in your team. The bigger the hill the better result and I havent figured out how to win or place in the top riders with a sprint stage.

I am only traininng my guys in late escape and i am building a young team for the future so my oldies will be for sale soon.