Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Front Page News (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Steam sale 2K games (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5340)

ProPain 09-03-2012 09:01

Steam sale 2K games

Steam has a sale on 2K games at the moment. All games in the civ franchise are 50% off untill monday but they're doin daily deals within the sale as well offering even more discount. Borderlands franchise is todays deal and has a 75% discount, it wouldn't surprise me if we'd see something like that on Civilization as well over the weekend.

So if you want to buy Civ V or some of the DLC keep your eyes open, there might be a daily deal and if not you can get the 50%. Also Civ III & IV are on sale Civ III complete is € 2.49 and Civ IV complete sells for € 12.50 and that includes the Colonization remake. Might be worth it if your CD's are broken, like mine, or you're just too lazy too get them from the attic.

Shabbaman 09-03-2012 10:48

Nice find. Maybe I'll pick up some of the DLC for civ5.

If you like single player shooters and enjoy looting the same places over and over, Borderlands is a lot of fun. I have it on PS3, but the DLC is costly in the playstation store. So I picked up the GOTY-edition on Steam some time ago, just because it's so cheap.

ProPain 09-03-2012 18:06

Is borderlands like a FPS Diable then?

Shabbaman 09-03-2012 18:23

Diable is propainesque for Diablo I guess? Yeah, it has some RPG elements like character building with levels and perks, and the missions are also like, well, missions. The story element of the game is a bit poor, and the missions are repetitive. That's intentional though (after you finished the game the first time, you get to play it again, but then with a higher level cap... but the fact that you have to play the introductionary levels again as well is a major flaw). The game is centered about the different weapons, and you can build your character around them, suiting your playstyle.

It's also possible to play 4 player coop, which is a lot of fun.

ProPain 09-03-2012 18:28

Diable is Diablo yes.:D

barbu1977 09-03-2012 18:44

Hey Brohterland was on sale on Thursday. I want my Friday special as I don't play FPS.

I will probably get X-com UFO defense at 2,50$. (I doubt it's going to go at 75%)

BTW, since we are looking at RPG crossover, I just went though the demo of Defendrer's Quest (not on steam, unfortunately) , and I'll probably buy it (7$). It's a nice tower defense - RPG mix, and the story is somewhat nicely scripted.

barbu1977 09-03-2012 21:31

Bah, Mafia II.

ProPain 10-03-2012 08:43

lol, you dont like Maffia II or just disappointed it isn't X-com?

I got Maffia I as a prize in the Steam Xmas Holiday achievement event. Haven't gotten around to installing it though.

Matrix 10-03-2012 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 136275)
propainesque

I'm gonna remember this word.

Thanks for the tip anyway! ;)

ProPain 10-03-2012 19:42

I blame Killer for starting all that misspelling :D....