Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   SP challenges forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Tourney ideas, interest, etc. (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1112)

Beam 07-12-2003 12:55

Tourney ideas, interest, etc.

Couple of people already have expressed interest in reviving the Tournament and ProPain and me were already thinking along a combination with KoD.

First of all it would be nice to know how much interest there is and how we can make it work.

There is line in the sand from my side and that is results processing, the admin efforts in particular. If we are going to do it that should be far more efficient compared with the way we did it in the Tournament.

Also, imo if we have multiple divisions the easiest would be on Emperor level. Hardest on Sid?

col 07-12-2003 21:22

If you simply grade games by earliest finish on a particular victory type, it would make rankings much easier.
Monarch games would be Ok too, if looking for fastest designated finish by culture for example.

Beam 07-12-2003 22:31

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by col

If you simply grade games by earliest finish on a particular victory type, it would make rankings much easier.
Thnx [kiss] col!

More than happy with that. But we had an extensive discussion on that, final conclusion being that we wanted to keep some pop points in as well AFAIK.

Quote:

Monarch games would be Ok too, if looking for fastest designated finish by culture for example.
Just an open question col, who would be playing Monarch on CDZ? Agree that OCC will be a challenge but a 5CC handles most of the OCC issues imo.

col 07-12-2003 22:50

Maybe it was the penultimate conclusion. I dont think adding points in does much to the game and just complicates the scoring.

I'd enjoy 5CC on monarch. I enjoyed the commercial domination game too. I'm all in favour of variants but would find them a bit tough on Emperor. Not a problem though, I can always submit losses.

Maybe we just need two divisions here. One for Anarres, Erikk, PP and co. And one for the lessor mortals. Of course, thats how we all met up in the first place...

Ribannah 08-12-2003 00:39

Quote:

Hear, hear! [yeah]

Sir Eric 08-12-2003 00:50

Quote:

Maybe we just need two divisions here. One for Anarres, Erikk, PP and co. And one for the lessor mortals. Of course, thats how we all met up in the first place...
I think that there would be enough of people like myself that are not up to playing diety but can play monarch or even have a dig at Emporer for there to be a "Lesser Mortals" division.

WildFire 08-12-2003 01:12

I would love the lesser mortal dvision :D

Melifluous 08-12-2003 12:23

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by WildFire

I would love the lesser mortal dvision :D
Me too...

Melifluous

col 08-12-2003 12:25

I've always regarded myself as one of the strongest players - I hold up everyone else on the ladder.

Darkness 08-12-2003 13:10

I'd also prefer the lesser mortals division... ;)