Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opponent finding forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   great no-AI PBEM (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1781)

Socrates 26-06-2004 19:23

great no-AI PBEM

Hello PBEM freaks !!! :D

I'm coming with an idea for a great PBEM that could interest many of you. It would be a PBEM game that would feature many human civs and no AI civs. The map will be heavily customized, so as every player has fair chances. I hope that with CDZ players, the game could go at a fast pace, though featuring many players.

Beam and I are currently setting this up. We're thinking of using C3C 1.22 of course. Some settings that we think will make it to this game include :
- Demi-God or Deity level (remember there is no AI) ;
- possibility of having 2 or 3 settlers at the start ;
- a rather symetrical archipelago map, with almost or exact same starting positions for everyone ;
- maybe a rather large starting island, a few smaller ones, and many small ones ;
- a standard-size map ;
- maybe little tweaks like no Statue of Zeus and Knights Templar, no SGL's, and so on...
This list is subject to debates between interested players.

We're thinking of having at least 4 players, and no more than 8. This could depend on other settings... About civs, it may be obvious that the seafearing trait will be a must-have, so we're thinking about tweaking civ traits : players' input may help here. Maybe the map will be like it is not so strong after all. Beam is currently searching a mapmaker for this.

Well that's it. I may edit this post if I forgot something.

We're waiting for strongly motivated players for this game, that could last a good while. And don't hesitate even if you feel you don't usually play on Deity level : no AI but many human players will change the course of the game so much that it won't look like a typical 1v1 game.

Beam 26-06-2004 20:03

I'm in of course! :)

Player preference:

If a Civ has Expansionist as trait it will be replaced with Seafaring. Banzai requested Industrious for Portugal.

Akots:
1) Carthage
2) England
3) Russia (Exp. replaced with Seaf.)

Banzai:
1) Portugal (Exp. replaced with Ind.)
2) Spain
3) France

Krys:
1) Byz
2) Dutch
3) Vikes

anar:
1) Dutch
2) Byz
3) Carthage

Arghis:
1) Scandinavia
2) Carthage
3) Arabs

Kemal:
1) Dutch
2) Inca (Exp. replaced with Seaf.)
3) Arabs (Exp. replaced with Seaf.)

Killer:
1) Liechtenstein ;)
2) Andorra [:p]
3) Vatican City [evil]

Beam:
1) Hittites (Exp. replaced with Seaf.)
2) Dutch
3) English

Aggie 26-06-2004 20:36

I can make the map.

Beam 26-06-2004 21:16

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I can make the map.
[kiss]

Socrates 26-06-2004 21:36

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Beam

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I can make the map.
[kiss]
Unlike what would look like to be obvious, I'm not the 2nd kissing drag-queen !! :D I instead give you a good [thumbsup], dear Aggie.

Well, any interested player is welcomed to post here.

Arghis 26-06-2004 22:58

i'm very interested !!!

anarres 26-06-2004 23:03

I will play. :)

akots 27-06-2004 02:25

I'm very interested as well.

IMHO, the main problem for the game would be an ability to play the turn every day. And warn others if unable to so that the choke point is easily identified. No holding of the saves....

Also, even player strength would be of great importance for the balance.

Arghis 27-06-2004 10:17

It will be difficult to have a 1 turn a day rythm. We can agree on some time period to help. For exemple, i'm usually in front of my computer nearly half a day (these times - morning and evening).

Also we can ask for some kind of replacment player, in case someone have an unexpected problem.

a good archipelago, yes, but why a symetrical one ? i would prefer a map where the surroundings are not clear. exploration is always an interesting phase. i don't mind having a start loc less this than another, as long as there is only human player.

Banzai 29-06-2004 07:49

Count me in :D

Banzai!