Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Shabbaman's Forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Shabby stuff goes here! (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4333)

Shabbaman 06-09-2007 21:21

It'd be so quiet around here if I just deleted some more members...

BCLG100 06-09-2007 21:46

yeah, you spammers!

mauer 06-09-2007 21:48

Makes me sick

Whomp 07-09-2007 04:45

Meli's avvie makes threads look weird.

Melifluous 08-09-2007 01:43

Whomps threads make my Avvie look weird...

[melihere]

PS. I'll resize it just after the forum upgrade...

grahamiam 08-09-2007 02:32

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
PS. I'll resize it just after the forum upgrade...
We have a winner!

Shabbaman 29-10-2007 12:16

The last days I've been ill, so I had the time to play Beyond the sword. My second game. A good start, fast expansion: I couldn't do much else because my capital was unproductive, yet surrounded with floodplains, corn and fish. Miracle gro. So I got 5 very good cities, blocking the Celts. Founded confucianism in a city that was 1 tile next to the celtic border (tbh, it's on prince or something, lame). So. Good.

Obviously no copper. 15 hills, no copper. The hills I've scouted? No copper (although the celts have axes, so there must be some in their territory). Beeline for iron working, already got horseback so I was churning out horsemen. Guess what? No iron. Not even close! I found iron 15 tiles away to the NW, grabbed by Carthage, and 15 tiles to the E... 2 tiles south from the southern celtic border. I miss colonies! When I settled there, the celts attacked in 5 turns.

Blegh.

I like a challenge, but when you have to work really hard to get either bronze, iron or horses, why bother? I've ranted about it before, but I'll just do it again. It was the same thing that turned me off in civ3, and I fixed that by playing GOTM maps. Perhaps I'll have to give the scenario's a try. What I don't like about scenario's is that you don't play "civ", but "col" or something. It lacks the epic feel of civilization. I want to beat tanks with spearmen, and then win with a spaceship. Or something like that. I fear I'm done with civ.

The last few days it's been giving me a headache anyway ;)

socralynnek 29-10-2007 12:22

Now, that I played a little more BtS, I must say, that I really like it. Yes, some things are quite annoying...especially the AI is quite smart (or so it seems). You always have the possibility to use the World Builder to give you some ressources...

Shabbaman 05-12-2007 12:23

I've been ill for a couple of days. Again. I sure hope this isn't going to be a recurring end-of-the-month theme. Usually I'm never ill, which makes it even harder this time. And it's pretty boring, I'll be glad if I get back to work (tomorrow, hopefully).

Anyway, monday I continued the game I mentioned above. I got the iron city back, plus a celtic city, I wiped out all invading celtic armies, and got a truce involving some techs plus a sum of gold. All without access to iron, with only mounted warriors, without any losses. Apparently Mauer isn't the only one who thinks he doesn't need to build spearmen ;)

So, war over, I start cranking out knights. And now Hannibal attacks, on the opposite end of my empire. Sigh.

Darkness 05-12-2007 12:59

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

So, war over, I start cranking out knights. And now Hannibal attacks, on the opposite end of my empire. Sigh.
But on the bright side:

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I like a challenge
Seems like this is a nice challenge? [estwing]