Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hattrick forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   To sell or not to sell? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5212)

Shabbaman 05-11-2010 12:55

To sell or not to sell?

I have a titanic 30 y.o. goalkeeper. I'm not sure if I'll sell him or keep him. If I sell him, I'll have to pay something like 1.5M more for a new one than I might get for this one. If I keep this one for another three seasons this GK is of no use for me anymore, so I'd lose 3M in 3 seasons. On the other hand, for a new one I'd lose 1.5M in initial investments right now and also when I have to sell that one. It's a comparable amount. What to do?

socralynnek 05-11-2010 13:55

Personally, I like buying people at age 29/30 because they are much cheaper in general than their 25yo counterparts. But I don't know if that also applies to keepers.

Pros of keeping:
- No loss in transfer fees
- He already got a wage discount
- No investment needed
- Older players normally have more experience

Cons:
- Longer injuries if injured
- Might have some skilldowns because of age (but I guess, that isn't that much for keepers)
- Lower stamina (not that important for keepers)

How much value does he lose per season?
I think the value lost by aging is higher for a 27yo than for a 30yo. So personally, I'd only buy if you really get a better player then. Otherwise it is probably not worth it.

Shabbaman 05-11-2010 13:57

Well, it's already pretty tough to find a dutch titanic GK, let alone one of the right age.

ProPain 05-11-2010 14:47

I'd keep him. 1.5M you don't spend now should give you some interest revenues over the nest seasons as well, making this option a bity cheaper. Unless your interest income is already max'ed out ofc.

A non financial reason to keep him as that if both options are equally expensive: pick the one with the least hassle. Keeping is no hassle. Selling and rebuying: a lot of hassle.

socralynnek 05-11-2010 17:14

Interest income? What are you talking about?

(I guess, you are either back in the bad old times, or you mean: you can invest the 1.5M for something that really strengthens your team)

BCLG100 05-11-2010 18:23

what are you trading up to? I have a 30 year old titanic worth 2.2 mil and ET's for a similar age are 3.2 mil.

The only reason i can see to advocate selling is the increased training speed which means that younger players will be better quicker. However, this doesn't help you right now as all the prices are still reorganising themselves and I cannot remember the extent to which it quickens keeper training.

ProPain 06-11-2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by socralynnek (Post 129779)
Interest income? What are you talking about?

(I guess, you are either back in the bad old times, or you mean: you can invest the 1.5M for something that really strengthens your team)

That would be the bad old times :)

Shabbaman 06-11-2010 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCLG100 (Post 129780)
what are you trading up to? I have a 30 year old titanic worth 2.2 mil and ET's for a similar age are 3.2 mil.

The only reason i can see to advocate selling is the increased training speed which means that younger players will be better quicker. However, this doesn't help you right now as all the prices are still reorganising themselves and I cannot remember the extent to which it quickens keeper training.

I'm training wingers.

BCLG100 06-11-2010 13:04

Yes, I mean the effect though that this has on the market. There will be more keepers up to a certain level readily available (not sure what the peak is).

Shabbaman 08-11-2010 14:46

Well, the bastard I played yesterday injured my GK for 3 weeks. 3 weeks at 30 y.o., which is effectively, dunno, 256 weeks. So I could try to buy a younger GK and sell this one if he's fit again. If I want to win The Cup I'll have to. Pity.