Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Whomp's forum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   *****Spoiler for Team Bearded Cow********* (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2974)

Whomp 08-09-2005 20:38

*****Spoiler for Team Bearded Cow*********

WARNING!![duelist] TO ALL ENEMIES IF YOU SEE THIS WE MAY HAVE TO KILL YOU.[meany]

Discussions go here for Barbu and the cow.

barbu1977 09-09-2005 15:33

PMs leading to the civ choice:

Whomp Wrote
Quote:

quote:Hey Barbu,
So what do you think about civs? We want to be complimentary of course. Who should take the ag civ. I'd think Iroquois are a natural. Romans or Persians?
Barbu Wrote:
Quote:

quote:Go ahead for the Iros.

I have a couple of nice choice. One whould be Japan. They start with the wheel
and massonery.
We could even try to gambit with a Japan-Egypt gambit, but that is a bit risky,

Chineese Mil/Ind do start with Mas. and WC.

Persia also gives us 4 starting tech, but none to the MW.

Finaly, Egypt might also be considered, maybe even before persian. Cheap, fast moving UU.
Whomp Wrote:
Quote:

quote:I'd think Pot, BW, WC, IW, wheel, HBR and maths are going to be the critical techs.

Though I'd love to have 2 AA UU's because this should move quickly but I don't see any that will give 4 complimentary techs.

Japanese having the wheel gives a pretty big edge towards MW's. Do you want Iroquois and I take Japan? I think we will need to be as strong as possible early and I think I'd prefer you take the ag trait and power of MW's.
Barbu Wrote:
Quote:

quote:More I think about it, more I think Egypt may be a nice choice, we get 4 complimantary techs and their UU will rock(unfortunatly, Massonry and CB are not realy important) Also, with 2 horsies UU, we will not be needing Iron Working and/or Iron.

Techwise would be Wheel and WC, followed by HBR and BW.

Japan: no AA UU, we get MW not mutch earlier, but we get spears faster.

What you think?
Whomp Wrote
Quote:

quote:Numercs would be solid to lead a MW charge but they'd share alpha but gain masonry.

I think your right though and Egypt works for me.
So we have
Whomp: Egypt
Barbu: Iros

Whomp 09-09-2005 16:15

Fine, done. I will forward them to BedHead. Let's roll some head!!

barbu1977 09-09-2005 16:28

Before we make that final, what are the terrain restrisctions to chariot?

Whomp 09-09-2005 18:09

Ahh...no mountains, jungles or marshes. I think we should change.

barbu1977 09-09-2005 18:56

It's a tough call since hills are OK.

Let's change to japan. We'll still be in business with samurais.

Whomp 09-09-2005 19:02

Plus having early MW's will be huge.
I sent these to bed_head.
What do you think our strategy should be vs. these guys?
I think getting the MW's will be a big offensive advantage and we should seize it.
How many cities will we be able to crank out on a tiny map?

barbu1977 09-09-2005 19:23

I have to play test abit. I'll try to do this this weekend. I have 5 or 6 cities in mind. We agreed to Accelerated Production right?

One thing is sure is that let's keep only productive cities. Long time growth will have very little impact.

I think we will see many MW from other teams. The short time strategy will depend mutch on the second civ picked by the other teams.

Whomp 09-09-2005 19:36

Right it's on AP.
How are you setting up a play test? AW vs. AI? I have some time this weekend so I can too.
I wonder if we'll be able to tell what type civ they are. If they're renamed it may not be possible to tell.

barbu1977 09-09-2005 19:51

Something like AW against AI, It's just to get used to the map size, tech cost and AP impact.

I guess Rik will have to tell us about our civ choice since he will know when moding the game.