Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   CDZ ISG team subforum (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   CDZland Central Planning (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4380)

Robi D 26-08-2007 10:50

CDZland Central Planning

And here is the overall view

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5...landha0.th.jpg

I got us all set on reasearching BW which will take 9 turns at the moment.

Given our starts our only concern seems to be whether or not we are on the same continent. I know the setting is snakey continents but i would have liked to see some more land.

Robi D 26-08-2007 12:07

And here is the opposition

PAL:

IanDC - Elizabeth
WarningU2 - Huayana Cupac
Test of Time - Hammurabi
Whiplash - Joao

CFC:

Mighty Dwaarf - playing as Carthage
Sonnybonds - playing Byantine
Failed Reality - America, Lincoln
Classical Hero - playing Vikings

STG:

Elucidus - Sitting Bull
Kingpin - Charlamaine
CB Droege - Korea
Spike - Darius I

Robboo 26-08-2007 14:24

I am a little nervous that at least one of us could be seperated by sea.

Robi D 26-08-2007 14:40

And i'm shitting myself its me ;)

I will be heading north, north-west and hoping to run into you, because what i can see around simons city looks like the end of the land

Robi D 27-08-2007 08:06

New turn is up. 18hr 20mins left from this post. No civstats yet.

I played for Simon since he isn't back.
Neither scout saw anything special when moved.

Robboo 27-08-2007 12:42

I am going play now. ID you awake yet..time to play ID.

socralynnek 27-08-2007 13:35

How fast are the turns going so far? What is the speed? Hope it's not Epic like some wanted to...

IglooDude 27-08-2007 15:37

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robboo

I am going play now. ID you awake yet..time to play ID.
Shit, I forgot this morning. If it doesn't show up on my civstats page, I tend to forget about it. If anyone wants to go into my civ and move my scout, I'd appreciate it.

BCLG100 27-08-2007 22:14

played it, not much going on.

Robi D 28-08-2007 09:20

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

How fast are the turns going so far? What is the speed? Hope it's not Epic like some wanted to...
Its normal speed. Turns are going as usual

Robi D 28-08-2007 10:20

New turn. 17hrs 20mins on the clock

Robi D 29-08-2007 11:31

New turn is up.

What should we research after BW. I would like to work the cows so AH would need to be done 4th at the latest.

BCLG100 29-08-2007 11:40

may as well go that route next its not like we need anything else asap and knowing where horses will be is a bonus.

the only other option i can think is myst so i can crack out a totem pole.

IglooDude 29-08-2007 15:26

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

may as well go that route next its not like we need anything else asap and knowing where horses will be is a bonus.

the only other option i can think is myst so i can crack out a totem pole.
I suppose with none of us having myst at the start, we should forget about founding a religion.

After AH and myst, I'd suggest sailing, for coastal trade routes among other things.

BCLG100 29-08-2007 16:29

with Bts we need MC for tiremes dont forget.

Robi D 30-08-2007 09:40

New turn.

My goody hut gave me 110g.

Bigger news, we have met CFC via a Byzantine scout near robboo. Looks like you have some close company. I set our EP's against them

Robboo 30-08-2007 13:33

I contacted him and told him "hi". And if there was anything they want to discus contact us."

Robi D 04-09-2007 09:52

Bronze Working is done. Only ID and robboo have copper in sight. Started on AH.
Looks like we have met PAL who have a civ in between me and robboo.

Unforunately i only got gold from my 2nd goody hut

socralynnek 04-09-2007 10:43

That means, the team is seperated by other civs.

That might change strategy, but I guess that applies to all teams. Interesting.

BCLG100 04-09-2007 14:54

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robi D

Bronze Working is done. Only ID and robboo have copper in sight. Started on AH.
Looks like we have met PAL who have a civ in between me and robboo.

Unforunately i only got gold from my 2nd goody hut
I don't especially need copper at all. i've got archers which i can promote with a totem pole to defend against chariots and my dog soldiers don't need copper.

Robboo 05-09-2007 03:13

Well I also have met CFC so that means I am between two teams. Anyone want to open a dialog with them and see if we can get a NAP. I dont know any of the PAL guys BUT I think the CFC guys may be a good group to approach. Say a NAP to turn 50?

Robi D 05-09-2007 11:01

That sounds good. Not much point fighting just yet.
BTW did you pop a map robboo?

Robboo 05-09-2007 13:12

yes I did. :)

ID or Robi. I dont have time to track down the CFCers. Would you like to. I can do it after work if no one has by then.

I am trying for teh other hut. we will see in 30 seconds if i get it...

Robboo 05-09-2007 13:25

missed it to the blus cfc civ. Remember this is snakey continenets. Robi adn I appeaar to be on one and ID/BC on the other. IF we are lucky the other teasm are spread as much which would mean that Robi and I would suppport each other until we can get a sea link going. The reason I say robi and I is because you guys may be alone. Worse comes to worse...you guys may have to gift us a city to keep our"traits" in the game.

Robi D 06-09-2007 13:13

Here an update to kepp our non players in the loop [beer1]

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1...teamsp3.th.jpg

Robi D 08-09-2007 05:42

So are we still doing Myst next unless we get it from a goodyhut?

Also it looks like ID and simon are on their own on a nice large island. Hopefully there is a coastal crossing between us otherwise we are going to have to work out a new plan

BCLG100 08-09-2007 12:57

I was thinking there'd be a gateway the way both of our scouts were headed, either way i leave for my house today so someone will have to cover me!

i set myst as our next tech also :)

Robi D 08-09-2007 13:33

hope so. also long as galleys can cross it wont be a big deal

IglooDude 08-09-2007 15:31

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

I was thinking there'd be a gateway the way both of our scouts were headed, either way i leave for my house today so someone will have to cover me!

i set myst as our next tech also :)
I'm doing your turn when I do mine, though if someone else gets to it before I do that's cool too.

My scout just stumbled across a goody hut and got... 5XP. Bleh. At least he can get doublespeed through forests now though.

Robboo 08-09-2007 15:51

i got gold...

Since it looks like we are separated...whats the plan. ID/BC may be able to skimp on units and try pushing for loads of ships and infrastructure. Robi and I need to play defensive until you guys bridge over. I can go with a worker, workboat(partial to 3), settler, unit-ax, unit-ax that should give me some protection.
-OR-
I also think that unless we can make a long term deal with the guys between Robi and I...that is who needs to die first. One of simons chariot rushes after building a second city could do the trick.

So what should Robi and I do..defensive or aggressive.

Robi D 09-09-2007 06:29

It seems Robboo has 2 CFCers to his west:(

Here are my jumbled thoughts on our situation.
Now IF simon and ID are by themself (very likely) and IF there is a galley route to robboo and myself (less likely) then simon and ID can ferry extra troops to us without too many issues. Also i think its a very good idea to gift robboo a city or 2 on the other island for 2 reasons, first we don't want to lose carracks and second it would help link up the 4 of us when we get carracks. The disatnce cost shouldn't be to big as its not a large gap between islands.

Atm i seem a lot safer then robboo who seems to be in the middle of 2 cfcers and a pal civ who are in close proximity. I think our best bet is to expand asap on simon/id's 'lonely island' while defending what we have on the other island and exploring as quicly as possible so we can see who is where, then we work out what to do next.

Robboo 09-09-2007 15:07

I may try to talk to the cfcers and see what they know. IF they dont know what around us they could be as nervous thinking we are all here on this island.

dam snakey continents...

Robi D 10-09-2007 10:24

Sound good. But i prefer them to be nervous rather then confident.

I'm guessing since no ones spoken up we will cover simon's turns between the 3 of us

IglooDude 10-09-2007 14:23

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Robi D

Sound good. But i prefer them to be nervous rather then confident.

I'm guessing since no ones spoken up we will cover simon's turns between the 3 of us
I prefer them to be overconfident rather than nervous. [evil]

I've been doing Simon's turns mostly, but whoever logs in can.

And Robboo, I logged in for you but only to select Meditation (or whatever it is we're all teching now) and I moved your scout, in case you couldn't make it in this turn (for some reason I was thinking you'd said you might not).

Robboo 11-09-2007 04:19

i was wondering what happened..no problem. I will be missing a few turns but I will warn you guys. HOWEVER if you see the timer ticking down toward less than an 2 hours..go ahead and play. This job is kicking my ass in way of spamming time and playing time just got to ge in some sort of routine but I havent had a normal day since i started 3 weeks ago...argh. BUT the $4000 extra a year sure is nice.

Robi D 13-09-2007 10:11

So what are we doing after Myst?

I was thinking sailing might be good considering our circumstances, otherwise maybe archery?

IglooDude 13-09-2007 15:24

I'd go with sailing, just to get the trade routes up sooner, unless you guys are feeling uncomfortable with your neighbors.

Robboo 14-09-2007 01:19

archery... my neighbors havent respond to greetings..therefore they need to die. What if we split 2 doign archery and 2 doing sailing.

Maybe one of you guys could try talking to them.

Robi D 14-09-2007 08:07

I was thinking sailing myself. I figured that way we could build a galley and bring across scouts from simon and ID. First benefit is we explore quicker, second makes it look like we are all on the same continent :), but if robboo is feeling uncomfortable we can go archery - sailing. I wont move until you two say something

IglooDude 14-09-2007 12:13

Ugh... just missed yesterday's turn. [sad]

Anyway, archery then sailing - better to give you two a bit longer to build up your defenses, as silence usually equals impending war. Then sailing, then I'm thinking a quick religion?