Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   CDZ youth league (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   The Youth Academy Info Thread (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4140)

socralynnek 27-03-2007 14:54

The Youth Academy Info Thread

This thread is to share knowledge and such about the new youth squad system.

This first post might get updated with links to interesting posts and such.

First update: It seems you can do effectively both systems if you wanna pay so much money. You can first ask your scouts for a player and if you decline them i.e. you don't take a new player in your academy, then you can still pull via the old system.
Might be interesting cause one can't train all youth players anyway.
OTOH it costs you 40 K Euro if you have both systems (with 3 scouts and full investment in old style)
Update of First Update: Seems that that worked only in the first week. The rules are badly written. If you called a scout, you can't pull oldstyle afterwards. Sorry for that misinformation (which was true when I wrote it...)

Second update:
The terminology of the scout:
1. hoffnungslos (hopeless)
2. zweifelhaft (doubtful)
3. aussichtsreich (hopeful)
4. vielversprechend (talented)
5. verheißungsvoll (hot prospect)
6. ungeheuer (prodigious)

Tubby Rower 27-03-2007 15:19

I guess for those of us that don't have one yet...

- They cost $10k USD to start and $5k for each additional scout for a total of $20k for a Youth Academy with 3 scouts.
- You can select 2 types of training (primary and secondary).. although these don't work yet.
- you have to be in a league to get matches. (I personally think that this system could have flaws but I have you guys to be in a league with so no worries :D)
- scouts can't be called the first week that they are hired.
- scouts can be hired from different regions (for instance I have a scout from Virginia, South Carolina, and Los Angeles)

Mistfit 27-03-2007 15:30

Quote:

quote:Once every week your youth team plays a league match and every third week you will also have the opportunity to play a friendly game. You place your orders in advance and choose the tactic you want to play exactly as you do for your senior squad.
So it sounds like we will be able to play once and a while out side of our league as well..

Has anyone got any info on placement of scouts?

Can you do international scouts?
Will it make a difference where they are placed or will you generally get the same guys no matter what?

The reason I ask is it may be possible to plant a scout in a area that you think could use a U20 player in the future in hopes of placing him there. The second reason for me asking is that if I really want to eventualy sell these guys I do not know if it is a good idea for them to be American. There is little or no market for American players.. My thought is that if I pull kids from Europe somewhere they may sell better.

Maybe I am overthinking this but.. in the early stages what else do I have [:P]

Mistfit 27-03-2007 15:38

another Question..

can I pull my last Standard pull without jepordising the new system for the week? I did not pull on Sunday like I normally do

Melifluous 27-03-2007 16:58

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

another Question..

can I pull my last Standard pull without jepordising the new system for the week? I did not pull on Sunday like I normally do
No is the short answer.

I pulled after Sunday and now cannot get my scout to give me a recommendation (or thats what it said before the whole system went down)

[meli]

Robboo 27-03-2007 17:26

Mistfit...I was thinking along the same lines as you as far as foreign players.

ALSO do we pay this youngsters a salary? OR do we just consider the "invisible income" from their matches pay their "invisible salary."

Tubby Rower 27-03-2007 17:37

well my thoughts on it is that they are "volunteering". the $10k minimum investment covers the 300 capacity stadium and the coach and scouts salary.

There is a way that you guys can find out about the foreign scouts.... try it. I would but that means that I'd have to fire one of my current ones and that would cost money. So try to do it and report back.

socralynnek 27-03-2007 18:25

- scouts can't be called the first week that they are hired.
---
Tubby, are you sure about that? Or does this only apply to 2nd and 3rd scout?

I think, Scouts can't go abroad. And I am pretty unsure what the difference between regions is.

If one has pulled in either system, one can do the next pull again after the following finanial update.

Melifluous 27-03-2007 18:36

The scout that you start with is not considered to be newly hired and so can be called. The 2nd and 3rd scouts cant be called .

[meli]

Tubby Rower 27-03-2007 18:48

yeah what Meli said

Sibul 27-03-2007 21:13

So one question how much of you joined new system and let old system live. I have done so. and now looking and trying to find where I can turn off old system or will I just remove money from it?

Sencond one. How do I find out who have academy? Like who from my friends have it and who don't have it? Or do I have to ask from them?

yndy 27-03-2007 21:59

There will be no international scouting. There was a mistake in the rules where they said that.

You can't find who has the academy yet. This is to be implemented as we go with the school.

Tubby Rower 29-03-2007 21:46

I just noticed something. each player has a different birth date. the ages are 15 and 95 days for example. With a tiny bit of investigation and my handy dandy calculator, there are 112 days in 16 weeks. So I actually have one guy going to turn 17 @ 3-30 00:00:00 and another (my YP from this week) turning 17 @ 3-31 00:00:00. I'm playing all of my 15 yo's tomorrow and am going to kick those sissy clown trainees in the teeth :D

Mistfit 29-03-2007 23:18

Second update:
Quote:

quote:The terminology of the scout:
1. hoffnungslos (hopeless)
2. zweifelhaft (doubtful)
3. aussichtsreich (hopeful)
4. vielversprechend (talented)
5. verheißungsvoll (hot prospect)
6. ungeheuer (prodigious)
Coach this player right and you will get excellent Defending before you know it! Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Scoring. Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.

So does this mean I got a bad youth? He is listed as hopeless but I was excited about the reference to excellent defending.. I figured if I could get him to excellent defending by the time he was 17 that would be a pretty decent youth.. am I thinking wrong?

socralynnek 30-03-2007 00:10

Yeah, seems there is something contradictory there.

I could only guess what it really means atm, so I better don't say anything.
But this wouldn't be CDZ then...
OK, guesses: talent could mean how fast he trains or talent hopeless could mean that he can't reach high levels in any skill.

Or hopeless here only applies to wing.

Tubby Rower 30-03-2007 00:28

Quote:

quote:Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.
Quote:

quote:Or hopeless here only applies to wing.
I think that ynnek got this (eventually). Look at the sentence adn it refers to winger training.

arne1 30-03-2007 00:40

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Quote:

quote:Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.
Quote:

quote:Or hopeless here only applies to wing.
I think that ynnek got this (eventually). Look at the sentence adn it refers to winger training.
I really hate yto do this but I think tubby is right. But I will see how it works out and progfit from it in about a season.

Tubby Rower 30-03-2007 04:00

don't worry arne... it won't ahppen often... there's a saying "Even a blind squirrell finds a nut occassionally"

Mistfit 31-03-2007 15:35

Has anyone seen the day that training is supposed to update for the Youth?

bed_head7 31-03-2007 15:42

The first update after you play a match.

Kingreno 01-04-2007 12:45

So, I have been busy a lot and am trying to read up. I just started the Youth academy thinking it was yet another extra thing one simply had to do. Now I am reading it is either the academy or the old Youth Pull, or it will be a wasted 20k a week, am I right? Or is it wise to maintain the old YP system alongside the YA so once in a while you pull someone from the YA only when you got very decent odds he will be worth it (and in most weeks just pull the normal YP)?

Thanx, KR.

Robboo 01-04-2007 14:33

I am wondering if it may be worth keeping the old one for once you get all the trainees(less than 11) in the academy.

Mistfit 02-04-2007 13:54

The way I understand it is that you can pull either from the old system or the new in any given week if you are paying for both. One interesting development is that the new youth system will only allow 16 player at any given time. You will not be able to pull any more than that. Even if you have an injury and will not be able to fill every spot on your club for a match. This seems short sighted to me. IMHO they should allow around 20 just incase you have injuries.

Tubby Rower 02-04-2007 14:08

well you only need 11. 9 is the minimum. So if you have 7 injured players then you need to can one or more of them

Tubby Rower 02-04-2007 14:29

I read somewhere that the scout's comments (hopeless - prodigious) indicates how quickly they will train in the said area while in the youth academy. So a player could have passable skill but will be hopeless @ winger. But a potentially better player is a weak player with the prodigious modifier.

Mistfit 02-04-2007 17:19

2nd and 3rd scouts currently broken.. cannot call them as we should be able to.. GM's are aware of the problem

Mistfit 03-04-2007 14:09

Well they fixed the problem with the 2nd and 3rd scouts showing a negative time since they were called. But now it shows that I called them 13 hours ago which is untrue.. I messaged the GM's about it. I will update you if they call me back

Aggie 03-04-2007 14:43

Mine are still called in the future (-37 minutes...)

Mistfit 03-04-2007 16:05

hmm... mine were not this morning but now the pageis broken. so I hope it means they are working on it.

akots 03-04-2007 19:55

That sucks because I have been unable to call one scout (page crash or some error) and the other two for some reason cannot be called and I also cannot make YP from old squad. Which means there is no YP at all this week. [sad]

Mistfit 03-04-2007 21:54

I hope they get it fixed before matches on Friday...

Mistfit 04-04-2007 00:00

The New Youth pull worked for me right now!

although i did not get anything worth a damn...

Mistfit 07-04-2007 23:04

New info I have not seen as of yet.. I got this from the "Training page"

Quote:

quote:It's time for our weekly chat!

It's been a quiet week here. The players have been working well, but I can't give you any details on their progress.

Try to find the right spot on the team for Lawrence Romero, there is a lot of football in that kid.

Deke Mallory has responded well to the Defending sessions we have organized this week. It's good to know our work has had an effect.

Always a pleasure to talk to you, but I need to leave now. Cheers!
The first guy is my stud defender.. the second is a 1/2 star slob that came with the team

Mistfit 09-04-2007 22:38

This is off a global chat about "the Best" youth seen..

It seems that my 6 star (weak form) defender is one of the best in the world :D

Of course this is a very informal poll but it still makes me excited.

Also by looking at the numbers the only newly drawn players to be more than 6 stars have all been keepers (6.5 and 7 stars)

This was the list of places and stars that they had gathered so far...

COUNTRIES WITH MOST YOUTH IN THE “AT LEAST 5 STARS RANKING”

Nederland---------9
Suomi-------------7
España ------------5
Deutschland------4
Italia--------------4
Schweiz----------4
België------------2
France-----------2
Norge-----------2
Polska-----------2
Sverige----------2
Türkiye---------2
USA-------------2
Argentina-------1
Bulgaria--------1
Colombia------1
Costa Rica-----1
Eesti------------1
England--------1
Ireland ---------1
Lietuva---------1
México---------1
Perú------------1
Srbija----------1

Mistfit 10-04-2007 00:08

here is another thought.. My new defender.. if he is already at excellent... am I wasting training him in Defending? IIRC excellent was the highest you could get in the old system right?

Should I be training winger or passing as a primary and defense as a secondary?

Tubby Rower 10-04-2007 23:00

yes you are correct Mistfit. Congrats on the kickin player ;)

Mistfit 13-04-2007 18:17

When watching your matches keep track of interesting things in match reports as they may be telling you info on your players.. and please if you see somthing odd or interesting post it here.

Example from Meli and my first match
Quote:

quote: Kevin Perera may have some natural talent for football - he showed some pretty technical maneuvres today, inspired by the sunny weather perhaps.
Is he a technical player I presume?

socralynnek 13-04-2007 23:34

There are examples of players who were better in form this week but who got less satrs then last week on the same position.

There are two likely explanations for this:
-There is some random factor in the performance of the players.
-There is some random factor in the stars shown (but not in the performance) which could mean that the stars don't always show how good a player was at that position.

Mistfit: I'd also guess he is technical.

Mistfit 14-04-2007 00:05

I had that happen to me.. my 6* defender was 6.5 stars last week and 6 this.. even though his form did not change and he played in the same spot.

socralynnek 14-04-2007 00:27

that could have happened with the "old" star system too, when the form is only falling in subskill.
but now you almost know for sure that he makes about 6 stars...