Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CDZ Meeting 5 & 6 April (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5466)

Beam 26-02-2014 22:17

CDZ Meeting 5 & 6 April

All CDZ regulars (including everyone who wasn't regular lately ;)) are welcome to the CDZ meeting on 5 & 6 april at my home in Breda. The place has been tested extensively in the past for these kind of meetings and certainly will stand another one. But will aging CDZ old farts stand another one lol?

Please post if you plan to come and what gear you can bring. There are 3 good TFT widescreens here but only 1 box suitable for Civ V. Suggestions for other games are welcome.

@Stapel: if you plan to come that yellow shirt is allowed but please leave those huge CRT's at home ;).

Visiting memebers:
ProPain
Shabbaman
Beam
Rik Me Leet
Stapel
Plux

Beam 27-02-2014 23:56

Nobody else, really?

barbu1977 28-02-2014 05:16

Not me!

Shabbaman 28-02-2014 09:57

I missed your post. I'll copy it to the CDZ Facebook page (or even the Steam group) where it might draw some attention (if that's okay with you). Some people I'd nominate for attendance are Stapel, Plux, KR. Maybe Arne02 could be convinced by the prospect of beer and a diaperless saturday ;)

I could bring my box if desired, but I have little aspiration to play Civ. I'd find a multi or coop session of CK2/EU4 a hilarious prospect tbh.

Beam 02-03-2014 00:32

For me a coop session of CK2/EU4 then. I own both games but I could use some quality guidance to play them well.

Rik Meleet 02-03-2014 20:00

Me like a lot.
I'll try to be there.

Beam 05-03-2014 00:19

He Maarten, would be very nice if you can make it. Having to convince the Missus?

Matrix 05-03-2014 23:16

Me has no missus no more. I live in Finland now, so this is highly unlikely. Hmm, I'd really like to come, but best not to count on me. :(

Rik Meleet 08-03-2014 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beam (Post 139659)
He Maarten, would be very nice if you can make it. Having to convince the Missus?

It's not that; it's making sure Quentin is ok that weekend. And he is; grandparents to the rescue.

BTW will there be a before-party on friday-night ?

http://i.imgur.com/iNrMY1K.jpg

Matrix 08-03-2014 13:16

Oh fuck me, that's right, there's another Maarten too. [lol]

Beam 10-03-2014 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik Meleet (Post 139664)
It's not that; it's making sure Quentin is ok that weekend. And he is; grandparents to the rescue.

BTW will there be a before-party on friday-night ?

http://i.imgur.com/iNrMY1K.jpg

Grand parentz rulez. [music] Did Quentin already beat Emperor lol?

Before-party, why not. Hopefully we can keep it a bit civilized.

Rik Meleet 10-03-2014 21:45

In that case I'm thinking of driving after the district competition round (bridge) friday evening around midnight towards Breda. If that's fine with you.

Quentin hasn't beaten Emperor. Hasn't even played any civ (probably 'cause his dad doesn't play anymore).

He does play bridge:

http://www.studentenbridge.net/wp-co...s-IMGP1453.jpg

Beam 11-03-2014 00:45

Right, it is obvious in your last pic however that Quentin is also teached the ways of Miffy the Iffy lol. Why's that?

Lt. Killer M 11-03-2014 21:25

sorry - broke and absolutely no time to terrorize you all!

Plux 16-03-2014 18:32

it sounds like fun to come although I'm not enjoying civ as a game so much anymore. I also have a CKII installation on my machine, but have tried to play it only once. IT didnt seem like that much fun on first sight Are there any ideas about an agenda for the weekend? I'm in doubt to join because Breda is kind of hard to reach by public transport from my place in Utrecht and I have no car. Would be fun to meet you all again I guess but is it worth the transportation hassle I wonder..

thanks shabba for notifying me

Beam 17-03-2014 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plux (Post 139676)
it sounds like fun to come although I'm not enjoying civ as a game so much anymore. I also have a CKII installation on my machine, but have tried to play it only once. IT didnt seem like that much fun on first sight Are there any ideas about an agenda for the weekend? I'm in doubt to join because Breda is kind of hard to reach by public transport from my place in Utrecht and I have no car. Would be fun to meet you all again I guess but is it worth the transportation hassle I wonder..

thanks shabba for notifying me

Hey plux, you're very welcome to join the party and don't worry to much about public transportation from Utrecht to Breda cause there is an excellent connection by Brabantliner 401 which leaves from Utrecht CS and has a stop a few minutes walking from my place. Check 9292 for details.

Generally there isn't any agenda, we jsut see what everybody is up to and do so but it might very well be we do not play any Civ at all. Who knows!

Stapel 20-03-2014 11:43

Noted!

I've been thinking about meeting up with many of you on more than one occasion, but never converted any loose ideas into action.

I really look forward to it!

However,
-I will have to play hockey on Sunday 6 April. Though I play in a not too important veterans league these days, it's a match against several fathers of my pupils (for those we don't know, I've been a physics and chemistry teacher for the last 4 years), so I don't want to miss it. Depending on the still disclosed staring time, I guess I can simply leave Villa Beama rather early that day.
-I'm a reserve for an indoor cricket match on Saturday 5 April. I think I can manage to avoid that altogether.

Anyway Beam, is there any chance to start Friday Evening [mischief] ?

About Civ V..... It runs here on an iMac. Is that of any use?

Oh Beam, did you quit smoking?

Stapel 20-03-2014 11:47

1 Attachment(s)
Since posting pics of offspring seems the way to go here......

Meet my grandson:

http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/att...1&d=1395312421

Shabbaman 20-03-2014 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stapel (Post 139682)
Depending on the still disclosed staring time, I guess I can simply leave Villa Beama rather early that day.

This is a likely scenario for me as well: with the little brat running around there's more than enough to do for me not to need any sport-related excuse to go home. But at least I intend to spend the night at Beam's place. Things I'd like to know:
-what's the plan for saturday, general hour of arrival/start of the festivities?
-do I need to bring my box? Propain asked me to bring some M:TG decks, which I'll happily do (the cards are sleeved and drool-resistant), bringing my box would mean I need the car as well, which'd tie my significant other at home. So far I'm counting Beam's computer, and Propain'll bring his laptop. If there's anybody else (like Stapel) showing up with a laptop I think we'll have more than enough systems for teams
-if there's interest in CK2/EU4, I can access those from my Steam account anyway.

Beam 20-03-2014 22:11

Nice you're coming Stapel! How come you have a grandson lol?

To be honest in weekends I am not to occupied with strict schedules so lets say start time for drinking in on Saturday is something like 3 or 4 o'clock. Small pre-party on Friday night is ok with me. At what time do you think you will be here Bas?

I'm not sure CK2/EU4 runs on a Mac so we might still need another box. Although I have 2 more boxes myself those are far from capable of running a modern game.

@Stapel: I quit smoking couple of years ago and still going strong. The place is smokefree of course but there is a rain free area outside for those with baaaaad habits.

Shabbaman 21-03-2014 08:21

Paradox games run on everything!

Rik Meleet 21-03-2014 19:13

Friday I'll be playing a district competition match in the evening. That'll be finished around midnight. I'll be driving to Breda after that, traveltime about an hour so I won't be there before 01:00.

Is that ok? If it isn't I'll come saturday.

Stapel 23-03-2014 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beam (Post 139685)
Nice you're coming Stapel! How come you have a grandson lol?

Well, in fact he is my stepdaughter's son. I'll tell you all about it!

Quote:

To be honest in weekends I am not to occupied with strict schedules so lets say start time for drinking in on Saturday is something like 3 or 4 o'clock. Small pre-party on Friday night is ok with me. At what time do you think you will be here Bas?
I need to discus this with mrs Stapel first.........

ProPain 28-03-2014 20:17

I'll be arriving on Saturday and I'll bring my laptop as Shabba already mentioned. Laptop is new and will run any game thrown at it. Not planning on taking my desktop though. I can bring a second laptop that will run most TBS games but won't do any FPS high end graphic games.

oh, and I plan on sleeping over

ProPain 28-03-2014 20:19

I can also bring some board games if you guys are up for it

Rik Meleet 28-03-2014 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPain (Post 139694)
I can also bring some board games if you guys are up for it

I like that idea.

Beam 29-03-2014 13:42

+ 1

I'm a bit in doubt about the pre-party on Friday if Rik is the only one there and arriving after midnight. Any news from da missuz Stapel?

ProPain 29-03-2014 19:42

Bea, what kind of sleeping apparel do we need to bring ourselves and what can you supply?

Beam 31-03-2014 01:01

1 Attachment(s)
Best bring your own sleeping bag. I have 2 spare mattresses, a coach which sleeps very well and with some loose pillows a 5th place for sleeping can be made easily. However if you have a 'luchtbed' you might take that as well.

Been taking care of the beer today btw :):

http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/att...1&d=1396220450

Socrates 31-03-2014 11:04

Mmmmh, Chimay... [guiness]

ProPain 31-03-2014 20:23

Nice one Beam!! Reminds me of the good old days when we took our cargo bike to the Drankurgel.

Shabbaman 01-04-2014 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beam (Post 139712)
I have 2 spare mattresses

Considering that my significant other will be using the airbed this weekend I'd like to claim one of those mattresses.

So I guess I'll be bringing my desktop this weekend. Beam, do you have spares any of the following:
-cables
-specifically a network cable, as it doesn't have wifi
-a switch
-keyboard
-mouse
-monitor

ProPain 01-04-2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 139719)
Considering that my significant other will be using the airbed this weekend I'd like to claim one of those mattresses.

So I guess I'll be bringing my desktop this weekend. Beam, do you have spares any of the following:
-cables
-specifically a network cable, as it doesn't have wifi
-a switch
-keyboard
-mouse
-monitor

I can bring a spare screen, it's rather small and 3:4 though.

Beam 01-04-2014 20:11

I have 3 +22" widescreens here, the switch has 4 ports which should be enough and there is 1 spare wireless keyboard/mouse set.

Shabbaman 02-04-2014 17:29

Power cords etc?

Beam 02-04-2014 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 139729)
Power cords etc?

Plenty. As long as it is the typical tri-pin.

Rik Meleet 03-04-2014 18:17

Beam: Please pm your address and mobiele nummer.

Plux 03-04-2014 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik Meleet (Post 139732)
Beam: Please pm your address and mobiele nummer.

yeah I need that too, I can probably be present from saturday morning on. But tell me if I need to bring more than just my desktop machine because then its going to be difficult..

Beam 03-04-2014 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plux (Post 139734)
yeah I need that too, I can probably be present from saturday morning on. But tell me if I need to bring more than just my desktop machine because then its going to be difficult..

He Plux, great you can make it. How will you be traveling? And I don't think you need to bring your DT as there will be 4 boxes already and my switch only has 4 ports.

Cu saterday afternoon!

Lt. Killer M 04-04-2014 12:05

facebook page?
why can't I find it?