Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5460)

socralynnek 06-11-2014 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 139981)
Don't forget to make all the women you abduct your concubines.

Was that a hint for the game or for... well, ... nevermind.

Shabbaman 06-11-2014 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix (Post 139982)
Alright, I'll get the expansion then. It's very unMatrix to just play a game without understanding the game through and through. So I'll skip that advice and follow the tutorials anyway. :p Then I'll do some raiding. Although I think my ultimate goal is still to expand from Suomi, which starts as a vassal. Nice challenge.

There's not much in Scandinavia in the Old Gods start, no Suomi, Norge or Sverige. If you manage to form either country, you're a good way towards understanding how it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by socralynnek (Post 139984)
Was that a hint for the game or for... well, ... nevermind.

Free advice on how to behave in general.

Matrix 10-11-2014 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 139985)
There's not much in Scandinavia in the Old Gods start, no Suomi, Norge or Sverige. If you manage to form either country, you're a good way towards understanding how it works.

Yea, I think I got the hang of it. :) I'm playing as Suomi (Voitto Korhonen), so that Finland and Scandinavia will have the label "Suomi" over it on the long run. :D But that's really a challenge, because he's a count starting as a vassal. Well, you can get independence quite easily, especially with the defensive bonus that the Finns have. But being a count, it's damn hard to grow big.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabbaman (Post 139985)
Free advice on how to behave in general.

Could that have saved my marriage? http://straland.com/images/smilies/wrongroom.gif

Matrix 12-11-2014 23:46

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, as soon as you can claim the Duchy of Finland, your land is called Finland, no matter where you start from. So I didn't have to start as a silly little Count of Suomi. [lol] But I did so anyway, and before the death of my first character I was able to claim the title Duchy of Finland! So although the counties were divided amongst the sons, the oldest, being Duchy, kept rule over all. [yeah]

I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Shabbaman 16-11-2014 08:29

You've overcome the first major obstacle. The next big trick is to marry your children to heirs to lands you want. Figure out how to push claims.

One tip: it might seem smart to give your heirs some land and lower your demesne size. From experience I can tell you that's not wise until they have produced a heir of their own. I'll leave that up to you to figure out why, though in this context "experience" means "miserable failure".

I've picked up Football Manager again, 2015 this time. It feels like old times. WC 2010 spoiled football for me, but the WC 2014 changed my perspective again.

Matrix 16-11-2014 20:45

1 Attachment(s)
See attachment: Finland's wet dream. :D But as you can see not exactly everyone accepts the situation. I had to give up Sweden a bit earlier, because the Duke of Karelia (my very own brother [cry]) was claiming independence. These factions will cause more of a fight, but if I will be able to manage them, I will come out stronger, since I'll have counties to claim from them.

I'm addicted. Thank you very much, Shabba(!) :p

Shabbaman 16-11-2014 21:53

Glad you like it :cool:

Shabbaman 19-12-2014 08:42

I'm playing a bit of Football Manager 2015 nowadays. Good old times...

akots 19-12-2014 09:13

I'm quite heavily digging into Dragon Age Inquisition. The game is extremely big. I would roughly estimate it to be probably two to three time larger than Skyrim. Graphics are very good and combat enjoyable. However, the enormous multitude of side quests are a bit overwhelming and somewhat on the tedious side. I think, I need to get some horses to make my life easier. Just have to kill that dragon to get through to the stable master.

Shabbaman 19-12-2014 10:49

Two guys from my TF2 team play that as well. It sounds pretty deep. Personally I'm not into fantasy games: I love Fallout, but I found Skyrim tedious. The VATS is what makes the game for me though, and the lack of it makes Skyrim more like a action game.

Speaking of which, that LotR action game should be pretty good.